TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 01:40 PM

Looks good.

I worked on my mom's drive a little myself yesterday. Her  drive is a hard curve on a hill, washes out regularly. I just used my dump bucket to scoop some washed down gravel back up and on the hill, then just dropped bucket and went backwards using bucket frame as grader. Worked pretty well 

I really need a box blade with some teeth as the man drive is about 4-5" deep and needs pulled down. My dad just always bought couple loads every year and spreaded it. Almost higher than garage now.

#17 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 02:23 PM

Looking good, if you do need to add look into "recycled asphalt" cheap and packs well. I have a 13 year old road and have used them all. Last time I got 3 trailer loads, just under 100 tons, wish I started with it as it was the best yet, and the cheapest too.

• JD DANNELS said thank you

#18 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 01:01 PM

Looking good, if you do need to add look into "recycled asphalt" cheap and packs well. I have a 13 year old road and have used them all. Last time I got 3 trailer loads, just under 100 tons, wish I started with it as it was the best yet, and the cheapest too.

I will have to look into that. Not sure about availability? Around here they seem to be remelting it and laying it back down.

There is a Big Construction Company in town with an asphalt plant. They were the ones who built Iowa Speedway and then sold it to the new owners. They also have the contracts on all I80 maintainece in Iowa.