• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:31 AM

More pics, please. s m a h r e n s @ i z o o m d o t the thing used by Jesus' disciples to catch fish. (net)

Took me a min to get your humor. : )

You've got mail sunshine.

#32 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:34 AM

Ya beat me to it G,, aww what the heck,, KEN YA HOARDER!! :rolling:

First Gerald, now you ? Wasn't it you him who told me to buy every HT-23 so Wilber couldn't buy one ? : ) that's what I'm recalling.
  • Team_Green said thank you

#33 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:42 AM

First Gerald, now you ? Wasn't it you him who told me to buy every HT-23 so Wilber couldn't buy one ? : ) that's what I'm recalling.

YES blame JS.. I do around here... mind you what comes around goes around..  Keep on buying em Ken.. Stay focused and GET SOME STUFF FIXED would ya please.. hahahahaha 

Nice machines.. for not being a JD... 

#34 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,684 Thanks
  • 7,692 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:42 AM

I'm kind of surprised at the way your friend took care of the thing. If anyone else treated a tractor that way, I think you would rage at them. But, maybe I'm wrong. Your just a big puppy!

#35 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:43 AM

:rolling: Had to be Gerald, I think I just always called ya a hoarder :D  So what ya gonna be doin with all these huge machines on a town lot?

#36 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,922 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:46 AM

Ooh! Ooh! Pictures of the dirty thing!

photoof23.jpg photooftheotherend.jpg

This is one seriously caked up engine:

photoofdirtygirl.jpg

#37 js5020 ONLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:47 AM

YES blame JS.. I do around here... mind you what comes around goes around..  Keep on buying em Ken.. Stay focused and GET SOME STUFF FIXED would ya please.. hahahahaha 

Nice machines.. for not being a JD... 

Dont be intimidated by this guy,,, Im still able to remember a run in he had with a starter once,, and then there are workbenches, he must have 63 miles of em cause they sure take a long time to clean,,, he's probably still workin on that project :poke:  :smilewink:

#38 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:53 AM

and then there are workbenches, he must have 63 miles of em cause they sure take a long time to clean,,, he's probably still workin on that project :poke:  :smilewink:

:bigrofl: :bigrofl:  almost forgot the eternal workbench cleaning project!!

#39 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm kind of surprised at the way your friend took care of the thing. If anyone else treated a tractor that way, I think you would rage at them. But, maybe I'm wrong. Your just a big puppy!

It's just sad how he took care of it. He tilled his garden ONE time and never used it again except to move it around and then to where it sat till I got it. He bought with the tiller installed and never used the other attachments.

I have to be a big puppy with him. He gives me LOTS of work. Anyone else did that ? I'd pistol whip em.

#40 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 07:26 PM

Dont be intimidated by this guy,,, Im still able to remember a run in he had with a starter once,, and then there are workbenches, he must have 63 miles of em cause they sure take a long time to clean,,, he's probably still workin on that project :poke:  :smilewink:

Hey get this.. I changed a starter on a GMC pick up in 24 hours (i had to go get a new starter).. :thumbs:  That dang work bench seems to be 200 feet long... :wallbanging:

:bigrofl: :bigrofl:  almost forgot the eternal workbench cleaning project!!

Don't you have something to do??  :dancingbanana:  something about restoring a JD..  :D

Anyone else did that ? I'd pistol whip em.

I'm to fast for you to catch to pistol whip.. hahahaha...  :smilewink:

• pigsitter said thank you

#41 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 07:27 PM

:smilewink: 

Ken is a big puppy dog.. 

#42 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 06:56 AM

:smilewink:

Ken is a big puppy dog..

At times yes, but they are very limited times. Lol

I've never seen an engine so infested with mice, well that was infested with mice. These pics are just what I haven't gotten out yet. I'm going to vacuum out the rest rather then blow all the mouse crap all over the place. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364298860.970855.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364298880.290233.jpg

I'm also going to TRY to clean the heads with something ? Maybe aluminum jelly ? Any suggestions ? I know clean = better air flow, better cooling.

#43 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,922 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 07:34 AM

Dissolve 1 can of Red Devil Ly (NaOH) into about 2-3 cups of water in a 1 gallon jug. Then mix separately some corn starch with about a 1/2 cup of cold water.  Add the two together in that gallon jug and mix. Be careful, wear gloves and glasses, and don't spill it. It gets hot. When the mix has a the consistency of gravy, it's ready. You just want it stiff enough to cling to vertical surfaces. Pour the gravy on and move it around with a brush.

After washing the gravy off several times with water,  spray  Phosphoric Acid onto the surface. This will convert the red rust to black oxide which will not oxidize any further. It will also add a thin phosphate coating which will help protect it further. Then just scuff sand it, wipe it down, prime and paint.

Watch out with that mix, I hear it's nasty. I haven't ever tried it myself. Not sure if it's safe for aluminum?

Otherwise brake cleaner, or simple green (or purple power) and scotchbrite pads.

• NJKen said thank you

#44 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 08:39 AM

You can just use diluted white vinegar or flat old cola. Use a spray bottle, keep it wet for 1/2 hour and rinse it off. Use a second application if you need too. I get the white vinegar for $2 a gallon when it is on sale and have found it great for cleaning. On pot metal and aluminum it can pit if left too long. Good Luck, Rick

#45 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 26, 2013 - 08:45 AM

You could buy a end mill and a couple blocks of aluminum and machine out new fins..  Great excuse for a new tool..