Posted March 23, 2013 - 09:47 PM

HOARDER..... Sums it up... lol

#17 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:13 AM

OMG, as Yogi would say, "This is like deja vu all over again." :bigrofl: :bigrofl:
Congrats, just what you need a new project :D :thumbs:

You can't be more correct John, "just what you need a new project"

I have enough to last a lifetime. I still (after 2 plus years) have a ROUGH HT-23 stored in my enclosed trailer, hasn't seen the light of day since I picked it up.

I'm headed to pick this one up shortly, I'd be on the road by now, but the guy isn't going to be home from church till after 10 or so.

I've already got space in the garage for her.

Better pictures this evening.

Edited by NJKen, March 24, 2013 - 07:16 AM.

#18 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:24 AM

Sounds like a good package.  

Yes, tiller included. That makes 6 large frame tillers for me. Anyone need one ? PM me.

It also comes with a weight box, 3 point hitch, cultivator, mold board plow and a few other odds and ends. I do believe that my Johnson will be going on this tractor. It's on a non power steering HT-23 now. I can't wait !!

Wife is none to happy. "Yea, just what you need, another Tractor"

But she really dont care, she's the easiest going women I've ever known. She pretty much has to be to be married to me. : )

I think our wives get to the point where they put in a token protest only because they figure we expect it.   We dont hound them about another pair of shoes do we?

#19 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,316 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:42 AM

Sweet Grab Ken!! :rocker2:

#20 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,740 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:50 AM

Sold one, just had to buy one? I can talk, I sold 3 this last year and only bought 2. So I'm good, you have issues.

#21 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sold one, just had to buy one? I can talk, I sold 3 this last year and only bought 2. So I'm good, you have issues.

'twas a deal that I could not pass up.

I got everything home, except for the mower deck today.

Here's what I got.

The Tractor.

Mower Deck

3 point hitch & lift arms

Tiller, drive shaft & lift arms

54" Power angle snow/dirt plow & lift arms

Good heavy 2 link spacing tire chains

Moldboard plow, 12" I believe

Cat 0 Cultivator.

Johnny Bucket brand weight box. Brand new never used, it's much bigger then the others I have.

EDIT: Wheel Weights. The plastic concrete type, that sick out past the wheels about 4" or so. Heavy for sure, I'm thinking 65-75 lbs ? Not sure. They are heavier then the 12" Bolens cast iron ones.

Tractor started after I checked all the fluids, and put a fresh battery in it. But I shut it rite off because of all the crap that blew out from the engine tins. It's clogged solid !! Nice high rise mouse condo !! I decided to just push it to the trailer and get it home and clean it all out.

The downsides.

Dash is busted up pretty bad.

Ignition switch is trash

Rust, and rust everywhere.

Power steering hoses both dry rotten and leaking.

Besides those things, the tractor is decent. All the tires still have the nubs on them. Hour meter has 129 hours on it. Hopefully because it sat idle so long, the engine & hydro are ok. Fluids were very clean in both.

Not sure when I'm going to make time to play with it, but I'm sure it will be very soon.

No pics yet, I got it off the trailer, took the tiller & tire chains off, hosed the mud off the tires and put it in the garage.

Stay tuned for further updates.

If your wondering what I paid for it all, lets just say I took no $$ out of my pocket to get this. : )

But it wasn't free, I've done many, many things for the guy over the years and never charged him. A few years ago he was in and out of the hospital for cancer treatments, and I ran some of his jobs and never asked for a dime. So good things can and do happen when you do good deeds.

Edited by NJKen, March 24, 2013 - 08:01 PM.

• John@Reliable, backwoods and boyscout862 have said thanks

#22 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 07:50 PM

its eveing now were waiting on more pictures lol are those 4 wheeler tires on it?

#23 1967bolens collector OFFLINE  

1967bolens collector

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1920
  • 648 Thanks
  • 1,437 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 09:01 PM

my friend was going to buy it but you got to it first.. he wanted it bad, if i would of got it i would of takeing the power steering off and put it on the 20D. if you need a cruse control kit for a ht23 i have one

#24 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 09:38 PM

my friend was going to buy it but you got to it first.. he wanted it bad, if i would of got it i would of takeing the power steering off and put it on the 20D. if you need a cruse control kit for a ht23 i have one

This one has cruise control, and so does my other one with power steering. But thanks for letting me know.
This tractor is way too nice (or will be) to remove the power steering. It's funny, someone else pmed me about it, and he was going to buy it and do the same thing.

#25 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 09:45 PM

its eveing now were waiting on more pictures lol are those 4 wheeler tires on it?

I can't post pics since forumrunner is busted. I just took one of it ripped apart. I swore I wasn't going to do anything with this till I finish up a few dozen other things I have started. I couldn't resist. Pulled the engine tins, fuel tank, battery, muffler and hood.

I did find the coil is cracked pretty badly. Bet it over heated with the bad ignition switch. My guess anyway.

The front tires are ATV tires. Maxxis 20x7-8

Rears are TRU Power 26x12x12

Fronts have very slight cracking.

#26 wilberj ONLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,213 Thanks
  • 5,218 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 09:55 PM

You can't be more correct John, "just what you need a new project"

I have enough to last a lifetime. I still (after 2 plus years) have a ROUGH HT-23 stored in my enclosed trailer, hasn't seen the light of day since I picked it up.

I'm headed to pick this one up shortly, I'd be on the road by now, but the guy isn't going to be home from church till after 10 or so.

I've already got space in the garage for her.

Better pictures this evening.

So you will not mis it if its gone?

#27 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 10:17 PM

So you will not mis it if its gone?

Not till I open the trailer again. Not sure when that will be. But it's locked and my neighbors dog goes nuts when anyone comes down our street. It's only 2 houses on the street. The dog knows who belongs and who don't. : )

#28 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:54 AM

Anyone come up with a close match to the HT-23 Green paint ? Hunter Green looks to be the closest.
I'll be needing some soon. Rattle cans, I'm not set up to spay yet.

#29 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,740 Thanks
  • 8,913 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 09:59 AM

More pics, please. s m a h r e n s @ i z o o m d o t the thing used by Jesus' disciples to catch fish. (net)

#30 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted March 25, 2013 - 10:00 AM

HOARDER..... Sums it up... lol

Ya beat me to it G,, aww what the heck,, KEN YA HOARDER!! :rolling:

• NJKen said thank you