#1 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,900 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 08:55 AM

Growing up in the 50s and 60s,and coming from a blue collar union family, my dad always made sure whatever we bought was made in the USA.Some of my friends will ask me Hank what are you going to do with all these things,Ive even had people say what is that thing. I tell them there windows back in time when things were built to last and a testament to the companys and the men and women who built them.Sometimes I go to my garage and just look at them and marvel at the quality and craftmanship.When I go to tractor supply for something, and see the new cub cadets and others I smile to myself knowingly.
  • daytime dave, tractorman604, tinbender7 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Marty'70 OFFLINE  

Marty'70

I didn't do it! Unless you have paperwork to back it up

• Member No: 72105
  • 731 Thanks
  • 633 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 09:45 AM

HALLELUIA BROTHER!!! I hear what you're saying.

• tinbender7, backwoods and larryd have said thanks

#3 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Knowing that things will never be built like they used to be, to last longer and work better.

Dick

• tinbender7 said thank you

#4 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:31 AM

HALLELUIA BROTHER!!! I hear what you're saying.

ditto

#5 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 10:45 AM

I know what you mean. I always use something old and ugly, but i never seem to break down if i service it when i am supposed to.Although i seem to have quite a few people bring their shiney new thin metal expensive big box store lawnmower or snowblower garden tractor etc around because something is wrong with it. that's when i get a big smile on my face when they try to make light of my DEPENDABLE  " JUNK "

• tinbender7 and superaben have said thanks

#6 tinbender7 OFFLINE  

tinbender7

FORDoholic

• Member No: 5171
  • 1,113 Thanks
  • 784 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 11:32 AM

I know what you mean. I always use something old and ugly, but i never seem to break down if i service it when i am supposed to.Although i seem to have quite a few people bring their shiney new thin metal expensive big box store lawnmower or snowblower garden tractor etc around because something is wrong with it. that's when i get a big smile on my face when they try to make light of my DEPENDABLE  " JUNK "

just servuce it and keep on mowing and smileing

#7 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 22, 2013 - 01:25 PM

But who do they ask for help when their shiny plastic lawnmower blows up?  What do they want to borrow?

Ben W.