Since last update I got the hoses for the main lift cylinder and connected them.
Routed the wiring as needed to move the battery up front and eliminate the old starter generator wiring. I set the battery up high on a platform as I do want to add a winch in the space below it.
Put the starter solenoid and 20A breaker for the main wiring harness under the bracket I made to support the pump and alternator. Added a second 20A breaker for a secondary circuit up by the battery.
Filled the pump a few times and ended up with a functioning main hydraulic lift system. Plus the alternator seems to put out plenty when the engine is running. Here is a non narrated video, note the volt reading on the meter before I start and then after it gets running. Sorry so shaky at first there.
Got an idea for the swivel cylinder but I had to rehang the blade to make sure I have the room. That and the two hoses for it are next on the list. Still frozen and white around here so wont need it out for a while yet.
Thanks to all for your continued support as I continue on my merry journey
Links to previous posts:
Heres the links to the original build:
The first update for adding hydraulics:
Second update RE Hydraulics:
Third update RE Hydraulics:
Fourth update RE Hydraulics:
Edited by Michiganmobileman, March 21, 2013 - 08:38 PM.