sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 06:19 AM

Well it runs! It does smoke which the previous owner said it did. Probably had to do with that space between the carb nd the air cleaner assembly, that was loose. Hopefully it is not too bad. The variable cultch sheave was stuck/rusted so it is off and soaking. I was working on it last night and remembered I had picked one up on my trip that looked o be in good shape. Of course, it was one of the items I left at my moms house. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364037563.347189.jpg the sheave is on the left in this picture.
  • Jack said thank you

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 04:42 PM

That's great that it runs, even if it smokes.  Some of my worn engines will smoke when cold, but almost quit smoking entirely when warmed up good.  Likely your rings are worn due to dirt getting in with the loose air filter housing.  

• Texas Deere and Horse and sacsr have said thanks

#18 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,611 Thanks
  • 3,911 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Yes kinda of....in an early T-63 owners manual you can see the javalina decal on the front of the tractor. I have never actually seen one on a tractor but it was on this display model for the manual. The only other tractor that actually had a javalina picture on it was the JB series in their caps on the side of the hood. Some of the early brochures have a picture of the javalina in the bush hog name and some do not.....

Thanx Scott,  I was trying to figure out how far back the Javalina mascot went.  I got this sign out of the city dump back in 1995.  After it laid around here for several years getting beat up I decided to hang it up high inside one of the sheds to protect it.  I wish it was manditory to put a  MFG. date on everything like they do tires.  :wallbanging:            

Attached Thumbnails

• 009.JPG

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse and sacsr have said thanks

#19 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 08:28 PM

I am with you on the dates. I have several bush hog manual in different versions , I can figure pretty much which goes first, but it would sure be nice to know when!

#20 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 09:35 PM

Man, I wish I had that sign in my garage. That sure is nice! Good for you for saving it.

• Gtractor said thank you

#21 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted March 23, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Yes kinda of....in an early T-63 owners manual you can see the javalina decal on the front of the tractor. I have never actually seen one on a tractor but it was on this display model for the manual. The only other tractor that actually had a javalina picture on it was the JB series in their caps on the side of the hood. Some of the early brochures have a picture of the javalina in the bush hog name and some do not.....
Thanx Scott, I was trying to figure out how far back the Javalina mascot went. I got this sign out of the city dump back in 1995. After it laid around here for several years getting beat up I decided to hang it up high inside one of the sheds to protect it. I wish it was manditory to put a MFG. date on everything like they do tires. :wallbanging:

Good friend reminded me the earlier/ first series of Javalina's had the image on the serial plate.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364096358.802882.jpg
  • Gtractor said thank you

#22 goodnews OFFLINE  

goodnews
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8713
  • 126 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted March 24, 2013 - 08:47 AM

hi scott wow!!!   every time i thank i've caught up with you, you've done pulled a Hank Snow and moved on lolo , anyway congrads on the  great find.

that was a good tip on the Qtip from tractor holic  something i'll remember, knowledge  is the ability to learn widsom is using what you've learned . it always amazes me what i can learn off these web sites.  have a blessed day   in Christ  Bobby

• sacsr said thank you

#23 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:36 PM

Worked on the V3-6 this past weekend. It is not charging the battery and one of the wires was loose. I know it has something to do with the switch because when I pulled the wire out from its loose position, turning the key would not cut off the motor. Any idea where the loose wire goes?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367458444.738920.jpg

I also am going to need to get parts to hook up the carb and governor correctly.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367458541.194771.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367458562.525684.jpg

#24 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted May 01, 2013 - 08:45 PM

Yep, the throttle cable definitely doesn't go the the throttle plate shaft!  I had to put pieces together for my VE4-6 for the throttle also.  I can post you some pics to show what I did.  The arm sticking up (supposed to point down) with nothing to it is where the throttle cable attaches, then a spring from this arm goes to the throttle butterfly shaft plate.  I think the TEC engine manual that covers the H70 shows the charge diode plate hookup.  Mine is all missing still, and I plan to find it later.

• sacsr said thank you

#25 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 06:49 PM

Well the loose wire went to the middle bottom screw......now I can kill the motor with the switch. I was taking out the rectifiers today to clean up all the connections. The one of the left was broken ( not sure if I did it or it was already broken but the motor was not charging the battery). This may be the reason my battery was not getting charged. The one on the left had a part number on it. The other did not. Are both rectifiers? Part number on the one with numbers 30842. I am guessing both are the same??

Also I was not able to use the pull start so I am having to jump start the motor each time.......so I pulled off the pull start to see what the issue was. Here are a few pictures....looks like I need a new cup.....but need some feedback if I am right......the recoil pulls freely and returns to position....it  just is not catching.

IMG_2944.JPG IMG_2945.JPG IMG_2956.JPG

Edited by sacsr, May 05, 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#26 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 07:21 PM

Scott, the notched cup looks worn, but should work ok still.  You are however missing a few pieces to your recoil assembly. I have no idea as to part numbers though, and my recoil looks much different from yours.  Here is an idea as to what is missing, which is all the parts below part #8.

P0403577-00005.png

• sacsr said thank you

#27 Jack ONLINE  

Jack
  • Member No: 9304
  • 1,127 Thanks
  • 771 posts

Posted May 05, 2013 - 07:49 PM

Bush hogs have their own unique styling.

I love the look of these old Bush Hogs too.   My favorite is the shot looking straight at the front.  When I open my garage door at night and see my D4-7 peeking out of the darkness it always makes me think of  something from the old Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie.  But I really like it.     :oh_shucks:  

• sacsr said thank you

#28 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 03:17 PM

Scott, did you ever get the gov linkage corrected? Could you please post some photos? Or Daniel if you have them handy? Thank you

#29 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,612 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 03:51 PM

These are some I posted in another thread.  It's my Tecumseh HH60 for my V4-6.

DSC00046.JPG
DSC00045.JPG

#30 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Thank you I remember seeing them, but couldn't find from where.  The throttle cable attaches where? That arm I'd assume?