#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:00 PM

I replied to a post about the temporary garages they sell at TSC and Northern Tool. Well today I look out back at the one we have, covering our 1993 Chevy Silverado we want to restore in the next couple of years, and low and behold..... Houston we have a problem ! I noticed that the roof covering has deteriorated to the point that it is ripping the length of the garage leaving a large gap. Now at this time of year that wouldn't be so bad but we are supposed to get  2" - 4" of wet snow tonight and tomorrow. I had just looked out there yesterday and it looked good. I have another new one I got from a year or so ago, and was going to replace it this spring. Not that the truck couldn't use a good washing but I was hoping to do that again this spring. Guess I shouldn't of posted how good it has been keeping things good and dry for all these past three years. Now if it would only get warm and melt.   

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 farmerall OFFLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,148 Thanks
  • 1,447 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:04 PM

That the way it always seems to happen. Something is fine until to tell some one else how good its working for you then it breaks. It happens to me all of the time. Now I just keep my mouth shut about something I don't want to break lol.

• hamman said thank you

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,269 Thanks
  • 28,607 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:17 PM

You might want to read the answer to this yahoo question...

http://answers.yahoo...d=1006050211478
  • hamman said thank you

#4 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 631 Thanks
  • 1,219 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:38 PM

I have seen so many of those portable shelters blown over or ripped to sheds this winter....been very windy around here

• hamman said thank you

#5 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 07:45 PM

Just curious is it ripping along the main roof seam that runs along the peak or is it ripping on the seam at the top of the sides? Mine started ripping along the top side seam then a major storm flat blew the top peak seam out and laid it wide open!

• hamman said thank you

#6 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,742 Thanks
  • 7,697 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Duct tape STAT

• hamman, HDWildBill and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,627 Thanks
  • 2,580 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:06 PM

Ya, pigsitter ( love that name) it is ripping from front to back. I didn't think there was aseam there but I guess so. I really can't complain about its longevity, it really has served me well. Like I said I have a new one to replace it and an extra used one I got from our son after we built the big garage. Just wanted to get another couple of months out of this one.

#8 Fabman OFFLINE  

Fabman

• Member No: 3229
  • 257 Thanks
  • 374 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 08:10 PM

:ditto:

That the way it always seems to happen. Something is fine until to tell some one else how good its working for you then it breaks. It happens to me all of the time. Now I just keep my mouth shut about something I don't want to break lol.

#9 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:02 PM

I think I'll take this time to buy a bit of insurance on a few things around my place.......now you said if you say something's holding up it will break right? In that case..........

1) My 1971 Case 444 has been breaking down left and right. It's a piece of crap and I wish I'd never bought it.

2) I really would not recommend a metal roof. It's just not good at all. It acts like it's going to leak any day now.

3) My Massey 14 is a pile of you know what. It seems to never work as planned and I can't figure out how to work on it since it is so complicated.

4) My family is terrible and horrible. They are the worst. The kids don't do anything I ask them to do and my wife, don't even get me started.

5) My job is for the dogs. I have the worst boss around.

6) We've got some of the lousiest chickens. Those Rhode Island Reds can't lay an egg if their life depended on it.

Phew, I can sleep tonight now that I've bought myself some "life" insurance.

• hamman, JDBrian, HowardsMF155 and 2 others have said thanks

#10 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 07:59 AM

I think I'll take this time to buy a bit of insurance on a few things around my place.......now you said if you say something's holding up it will break right? In that case..........

1) My 1971 Case 444 has been breaking down left and right. It's a piece of crap and I wish I'd never bought it.

2) I really would not recommend a metal roof. It's just not good at all. It acts like it's going to leak any day now.

3) My Massey 14 is a pile of you know what. It seems to never work as planned and I can't figure out how to work on it since it is so complicated.

4) My family is terrible and horrible. They are the worst. The kids don't do anything I ask them to do and my wife, don't even get me started.

5) My job is for the dogs. I have the worst boss around.

6) We've got some of the lousiest chickens. Those Rhode Island Reds can't lay an egg if their life depended on it.

Phew, I can sleep tonight now that I've bought myself some "life" insurance.

It's nice to hear that things are going so well for you!

#11 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted March 19, 2013 - 09:59 PM

Ya, pigsitter ( love that name) it is ripping from front to back. I didn't think there was aseam there but I guess so. I really can't complain about its longevity, it really has served me well.

Pretty cool name you got there as well hamman! My building lasted about 3 years and I won't complain a bit as we have had some pretty abnormally heavy winds the last couple of years and considering it saved me that many months worth of storage unit fees I feel I'm way ahead money wise.If rural king runs them on sale again I just may buy another.

• hamman said thank you

#12 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 09:07 AM

My building lasted about 3 years and I won't complain a bit cause that's where i keep my POF dates... 

Fixed it for ya Pigsitter...  :smilewink:  :wave:

• pigsitter said thank you

#13 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

• 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 04:38 PM

Fixed it for ya Pigsitter...  :smilewink:  :wave:

Oh crap!! :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

#14 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 08:39 PM

Oh crap!! :bigrofl: :bigrofl:

I have a mind like a steel trap.. nothing gets out.. Mind you not much gets in...

#15 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted March 20, 2013 - 08:45 PM

I have a mind like a steel trap.. nothing gets out.. Mind you not much gets in...

more like the mind of a squerril with a.d.d. 1 nut 2 nuts oh a penny