• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 09:24 PM

Ok, I have been thinking about this all night. I have found an extra H3 control valve on E-bay and was wondering if anyone on here has tried this or knows why it shouldn't be done. I would like to plumb it in to the inlet and outlet of the pump by making the inlet and outlet of the H3 handle that already exists into two different T-fittings and run those lines to the other control valve. The other control valve would be mounted near the seat for three rear hydraulic circuits. I know that it would be kinda overkill, but it beats the lockout valve and it gives you two extra circuits for when you have a 3PH on and you want to use a dump cart with a 3PH also. It would require a fender cut on the left side so the handles could come up through. All feedback is welcome and any advice is welcomed. Thank you.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

#2 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted March 29, 2013 - 03:57 AM

T-fittings won't work. The fluid will follow the path af least resistance through the valve set that you aren't using.

The correct way is to remove the return line from the first valve set and connect the second set to that port. The return line then goes to the return port of the second valve set.

Alternatively, disconnect the return line from the transmission and connect it to the second valve set and add a new return line from that set to the hydro.

This all assumes that the pump in question is the hydro with an implement relief valve built in.

The only thing to watch for is the oil level in the reservoir. Check it with all connected cylinders fully retracted.

#3 michael.kitko OFFLINE  

michael.kitko
  • Member No: 28357
  • 472 Thanks
  • 445 posts

Posted April 07, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Ok, thank you. I do have another question though. Is it normal for the hydraulic level to fluctuate when you operate the rear 3pt hitch cylinder. With the cylinder up, the dip stick has no fluid on it, but with the cylinder down, it has more than three times the required amount. Can someone please help? I am new to these little garden tractors and I don't want to break it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

#4 TUDOR OFFLINE  

TUDOR

Tractorholic

• Member No: 915
  • 543 Thanks
  • 497 posts

Posted April 08, 2013 - 02:16 AM

It shouldn't really make that much difference. There's only a couple of cubic inches of oil involved.

It depends on the area of the oil surface at the the dipstick mark. Small surface area - big difference, big surface area - small difference.