#16 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8084
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nice find Jamie.

You're going to need a bigger shop there soon. When I was there in July, it was getting tight.

And you've been shopping since. Maybe you need to unload that Panzer. :smilewink:

Ha!  Good to hear from you, Will.  Speaking of visits, I think it's just about time for me to come see your collection. 

Well, unfortunately I had to sell a few pieces because of my space issues.  Right now I only have four tractors.  I don't think I can fit any more in there, what with all the other stuff in there (kids bikes, tools, gardening stuff, etc.).  There's literally barely even enough room to work in there.  Hopefully the warm weather comes soon so that I can work outside.  I should actually put purchasing tractors on hold and solve my space issue first - that's the better long-term strategy,

#17 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 07:30 PM

I said it before and I'll say it again.

How Where do you find this stuff? :thumbs:

Hey, Doug!  Good to hear from you too!  Well, I do have a knack for finding things; it's the having money and space for things that's my issue.  I'm kind of sad about the things that I've had to sell to make space and free up funds.  I've had to sell some things I really would have rather kept, if my situation allowed.  But hey, I'm sure we've all been there.  If there's anything in particular you're looking for, just let me know.  I'll relentlessly pursue it for you.

#18 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 07:38 PM

Hey, Doug!  Good to hear from you too!  Well, I do have a knack for finding things; it's the having money and space for things that's my issue.  I'm kind of sad about the things that I've had to sell to make space and free up funds.  I've had to sell some things I really would have rather kept, if my situation allowed.  But hey, I'm sure we've all been there.  If there's anything in particular you're looking for, just let me know.  I'll relentlessly pursue it for you.

Can you find me $100,000. Cash tax free? :bigrofl:

Edited by DH1, March 15, 2013 - 07:40 PM.

#19 Humey222 OFFLINE  

Humey222
  • Member No: 9183
  • 35 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 09:01 PM

Hey Jamie, that Gard'n Mast'r is just too cool!! WOW!  Would you be interested in selling the cultivator? As i just picked up a Waterloo walk behind last weekend. Let me know and very nice to see you here and things are going ok. And yes you sure do have a knack of finding cool things! I wish I had half of that.

P.S. I haven't heard from Paul. I've sent him a few e-mails but didn't here back. I should give him a ring; I just hope everything is okay with him and his family.

Parry

#20 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 10:09 AM

http://gardentractor...d-parts-manual/

Ok hope this helps, here is a link to the manual I uploaded to our site. Some pages are a little crooked but that is how I got them, sorry.

Interesting that the manual shows models JR, JS, and JE. I know the JE was a tiller steer but I wonder what the JS was and how it differed from the JR?
  • classic said thank you

#21 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 281 Thanks
  • 270 posts

Posted July 09, 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hey there jtrojek,

I think you will like that Gmaster tractor. I have a model JB with B&S 9hp engine and the same automotive transmission and rearend, According to my documentation they say it is Chrysler parts but maybe they mean just the corporation not the car. Of interest is the clutch. It's a Dodge clutch but not the Dodge automobile, it's a completely different company. The rear tires on my JB are 6x12and the front axle is nearly straight so it's a lot lower than yours. My serial number is on a small oval plate attached to the LH side frame rail. The JB model has an inclined dashboard or firewall unlike the other versions.My tractor was originally painted red. A fellow who lives nearby in Elwood,IN has a dozen or so of these tractors.I have been to Liberty, IN where they were made however the factory building no longer exists. Documentation is very hard to find but I keep looking. 

lrhredjb

Attached Thumbnails

• Gardenall models.jpg
  • Gardenall pup.jpg

• Alc and classic have said thanks

#22 jtrojek OFFLINE  

jtrojek
  • Contributor
  • 1,021 Thanks
  • 550 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 07:04 PM

I know this is an older post, but I just discovered what one of those other implements was, and I thought I better post it for posterity sake.  That rotary mower is a Speedex front mount rotary mower.  I just came across a Speedex brochure with a picture of it.  Even though I don't own a Speedex (at least not yet), now I'm really disappointed I sold it.  I'm guessing it's pretty hard to come by ....  I tried looking up the e-mail of the guy I sold it to, but alas I deleted it a long time ago.  Oh well.  

• DougT and chris m have said thanks

#23 classic ONLINE  

classic
  • Member No: 52970
  • 3,467 Thanks
  • 1,610 posts

Posted April 02, 2015 - 12:56 AM

This is an older post, but the Gard'n Mast'r I just picked up is a JS model. Doug T, I see here that you were wondering what the differences were on the JS model, so I should be able to help. I have been doing some research on these tractors and noticed some differences. I see some have 6-12 tires on the back, and my JS model has 7-12 tires on it. I've noticed two different types of shiftier handles, also. I have the clutch that was in that light blue Gard'n Mast'r tractor that was on ebay for the longest time, and it's a Carlyle Johnson clutch. The clutch in the JS model that I just picked up has the same disc and driving ring, but the engagement mechanism is different. It could be a replacement, but who knows. I'll take some pics of both clutches for comparison once I remove mine from the tractor and clean it up. My JS model looks rough, but it looks complete and will be a fairly easy restoration.

Attached Thumbnails

• post-52970-0-90193600-1427659726_thumb.jpg
  • post-52970-0-14538600-1427659757_thumb.jpg

Edited by classic, April 02, 2015 - 12:59 AM.

• DougT and Alc have said thanks

#24 Tractorman1960 OFFLINE  

Tractorman1960
  • Member No: 72725
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted July 03, 2015 - 06:52 AM

I got a set of correct decals from ebay. The seller is. newparts4u He's from East Dubuque Illinois
  • classic said thank you