Husqvarna Chain Saw

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sodisr OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9153
  • 648 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 09:36 AM

I have an old Husqvarna chain saw I would like to get running.. Was at a yard sale and I told the guy if it ran I would buy it. $ 75.00  He started it and I bought it.. Got it home and I have not gotten it to run since. This thing is old and all I can find is the serial #s,, no model #  It says  146216 on a plate on the side.. It has good blue spark so I'm thinking carb,, but can't find anything with just that # on the web... Any chainsaw people here like to chime in.  I'm thinking of tearing the carb off and looking it over,,But before I do and ruin those delicate gaskets I thought I would look for a gasket kit-- With no luck--This thing appears to be about 20 yrs. old but it does have electronic ign.  Anyone like to post on where to go from here ???? would be greatly app.    Thanks      Sodi

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,356 Thanks
  • 8,694 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 09:45 AM

Since you can't find any numbers on it, a picture would be your next best bet. Someone will be able to identify it by a picture, I'm sure. On the number you listed, I got the same as you: bupkis.

#3 Bmerf ONLINE  

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,669 Thanks
  • 1,421 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 11:27 AM

Check the fuel line. The plastic tube usually cracks with todays gas. My old cratfsman would only run when it was full of fuel, changed the line, no problems. If it is the gas line, don't get the cheap tubing or you will be replacing it again.

#4 superaben OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 11:29 AM

Is it a Walbro carburetor?  If so, you can get the numbers off the carburetor and cross them that way, and you won't need to worry with the chainsaw model to get it running.

Does it have the "stated" model number on the shroud anywhere like a decal?  For older saws, that's usually good enough to figure out generic parts.   

Ben W.

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 01:19 PM

Pics would help a lot. Doesn't take much to get them running again. I still have that old Struck chainsaw that only took a good carb cleaning and it runs like a top. Although it does leak gas if I leave the valve open.

#6 sodisr OFFLINE  

• Member No: 9153
  • 648 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted March 21, 2013 - 10:03 AM

This is my Husqvarna chain saw..  I have ordered a carb kit---------Walbro,,, hdc--k10

It must be a bit old,,,, No chain brake

no  decals

15 in. bar

No model #  just serial #  146216  on a plate in front right side

Attached Thumbnails

• husqvarna chain saw 001.jpg

Edited by sodisr, March 21, 2013 - 10:09 AM.