Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think that vessel crosses the line and should be called a Ship!

Aaron and Steve are????? not sure of the connection here Kenny fill me in please.  Its good the engine was saved and not just assumed bad and then replaced.  This kind of thing shows that some people are still honest and "Outstanding in their field" of expertise.  Knowing the customer is well to do, other shops would of gladly changed the engine, then repaired and resold.  Kudos to the guys, thanks for sharing Kenny.

#17 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 10:34 PM

The true definition of the word "BOAT" is:

A hole in the water into which you put much money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

No sir, I stand to correct you... it is either  " Break Out Another Thousand" or " A hole in the water surrounded by wood, into which one pours money."   

#18 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,734 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 05:57 AM

I think that vessel crosses the line and should be called a Ship!

Aaron and Steve are????? not sure of the connection here Kenny fill me in please.  Its good the engine was saved and not just assumed bad and then replaced.  This kind of thing shows that some people are still honest and "Outstanding in their field" of expertise.  Knowing the customer is well to do, other shops would of gladly changed the engine, then repaired and resold.  Kudos to the guys, thanks for sharing Kenny.

Steve is a friend of my son Chris that lives with me. He used to live in Wichita, but was constantly in trouble. He moved down here the year before Terry passed and has done very well. I have know him since the early '90's when he was just a kid.

Aaron is our Friend who lives in Collinsville (20 miles N of Tulsa) where I keep my trailer which you can see in the background of the boat pic. He is an outstanding welder and mechanic. I have full access to use any of his equipment. He is also just a great person to spend time with. Lots of fun.

• Michiganmobileman said thank you

#19 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 06:58 AM

The true definition of the word "BOAT" is:

A hole in the water into which you put much money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!

i always thought it was 

Break 

Out

Another 

Thousand 

#20 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 06:59 AM

Thanks Kenny sounds like two great guys.

I have to protest to you guys who say a boat is a money pit.  We bought a new Crest brand pontoon with a 50HP Johnson 4-stroke in 2002 after doing much research.  Just regular maintenance items and normal upkeep since then ( I think a little over 500 hrs on it now).  I did think the trim/tilt switch on the console went bad, ordered a replacement, took the unit apart to replace and found that one of the wires on the old switch had been pinched and broke. Repaired the wire and now have a new spare switch.

Then there is my brother.  He bought a different brand of pontoon and also a fishing boat, seems like always something going wrong with one or the other.

• KennyP said thank you