• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:24 PM

It wasn't easy but, I managed to cross reference the SKF/NAPA part number for axle seals to a different manufacturer (National). I took that number and dIscovered the prices were 30-50% less vs. SKF for those seals. Bought 8 of them online in a closout deal for $2.xx. I ended up getting all 8 of them for what I was quoted for 1 locally! 

Tired of the MF10 Diesel leaking gear oil on the concrete, tire, and wheel...what a mess.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,806 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 05:20 AM

Sure paid to do a little research. Check out the Surplus Center in Lincoln for generic parts too. Good Luck, Rick

#3 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,451 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 05:34 PM

It wasn't easy but, I managed to cross reference the SKF/NAPA part number for axle seals to a different manufacturer (National). I took that number and dIscovered the prices were 30-50% less vs. SKF for those seals. Bought 8 of them online in a closout deal for $2.xx. I ended up getting all 8 of them for what I was quoted for 1 locally! 

Tired of the MF10 Diesel leaking gear oil on the concrete, tire, and wheel...what a mess.

Thanks for putting in the hours!  Will you share those numbers with the rest of us so we don't have to re-discover the wheel?  :reading_the_manual:

#4 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for putting in the hours!  Will you share those numbers with the rest of us so we don't have to re-discover the wheel?  :reading_the_manual:

National 252277

• ducky and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#5 chris m ONLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted March 15, 2013 - 07:08 PM

Here is a link to a thread I did in the Mechanical forum, I did this list not long ago, it has the bearing and O-ring numbers also. I'll update it to include the national #. I had this in Mechanical because so many different Gt's use these trans. http://gardentractor...ed-on-many-gts/

Thanks for the National cross reference :thumbs: