Worked all day on the Deere:
1. Tried to wire it per the wiring diagram for the 110 vice the way it originally was per Grandpa, DO NOT DO THAT!! It smoked checked the white wire which the diagram says is the ignition power wire!! Fried the whole wire smoke everywhere, I was lucky it didn't fry the new switch.
2. Ran new wire and wired it per GRANDPA, the white wire per Grandpa goes to the NEG side of the coil, per GRANDPA the power wire to the resistor block comes off the ORANGE Power and connects to the accessory block.
3. Removed the battery and checked wiring removed shielding I found another ORANGE wire very damaged no shielding and not many wires left, repaired wire, found two plug ends connectors messed up repaired also.
4. Deere now FIRES OFF from its own wiring system and runs and ohm meter now works and shows movement.
5. While running the Deere I thought I had a shut off problem running at mid range the tractor doesn't turn off with the key, but move it to idle and it does turn off, I read the manual and the sticker on the tractor and BY GEORGE its says move to IDLE turn off key to shut down, so its does what it suppose to
6. Installed new Kohler fuel filter in line WORK GREAT!!
7. HAPPY I FIXED THE WIRING and CARB PROBLEM!!!!,
8. Now I have a new issues, its been cold here all week, now I have a slow OIL leak, its coming from the bolt that holds the throttle arm on the engine and I have a small head leak, I see a little air coming out with black., So I guess I need a new head gasket, don't know bout the throttle arm leak how to repair that?
Went to grease the zerts of my new lift arm and others under there, Only one would take grease, that's blows I sprayed it with spray grease, guess I will try to replace the zerts ,
9. The Starter sometimes hums when trying to start other times it works hope it isn't going bad.
I'm tired a lot for one day.
Note: If you look at this 1968 JD Wiring harness on Ebay, it is wired the same as mine per GRANDPA, note the Orange accessory plug and the blue wiring coming out of it, this blue wire is what goes to the ignition system Resistor block as mine.
Edited by Spain, November 27, 2013 - 07:34 PM.