Good luck!

#392 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 05:54 PM

Curious to hear how the carb thing goes.  My 110 has a Walbro on it but I have a Carter to replace it.  In my experience Walbro = teh devil

• Navy Chief said thank you

#393 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • Member No: 30322
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 14, 2013 - 06:51 PM

Carb has been blown out with air, Yes it had Debris in it, I'm now soaking it in the Gallon bucket of cleaner, then will blow out and rebuild.

#394 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 04:06 PM

1. Work on stripping mower deck arms. Carb is still deep soaking

2. (Side Project)  Pressure sprayed my extra Patio Mower deck, going to start working corrosion, prime and paint. Will put this one up for sale after I restore it, two of the mower blade spindles are free one is stuck.

#395 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 04:08 PM

You might get more money for the patio deck "As-is" If you do restore then document it with pics showing the color and details.

#396 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Oh ok easier for me as is!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1133.JPG
  • IMG_1134.JPG
  • IMG_1135.JPG

#397 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 05:58 PM

The catch with the patio attachments is there is no way to determine if they were originally one color or the other.  This looks legit to me so I would say sell it on Weekendfreedommachines.com or ???

#398 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 16, 2013 - 06:07 PM

Ye different stickers and all

#399 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 07:19 PM

The catch with the patio attachments is there is no way to determine if they were originally one color or the other.  This looks legit to me so I would say sell it on Weekendfreedommachines.com or ???

Rev, Looked at the Weekend classifieds a lot of tractors in IA for projects

• Trav1s said thank you

#400 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 17, 2013 - 08:59 PM

Need a house first... 

#401 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 - 08:58 PM

No JOY on the Carb, Same Issue, Im pissed and Tired of this!

Cleaned and rebuilt carb again, Put some gas directly into the spark plug chamber, several cranks later it fired up, I ran the engine low and high got the motor hot adjusted the hi and low jets. The Engine ran great it pinged a little, Turned off the engine and had to crank several times and it started on It's own, ran it awhile longer shut it off and it would not start again on its on. I full chocked it would not start, I checked plug it had some gas in the chamber but wouldn't start (maybe too much gas) I set the float per the Kolhner Manual to like 11/64 I think parallel with the housing with It up side down, before when the carb did run the float was adjusted to like the 11:00 position, maybe I should set it back to that?

I checked the spark from the plug it has good spark, I checked gas coming into carb it has gas going to carb.

When the engine runs it runs good, so I think the engine is ok, runs low and high good.

This is getting old, tractor is done but wont run. Confused.

Any body have a cheap good used Carter?

http://www.kohlereng...roubleshooting2

Edited by Spain, November 20, 2013 - 11:22 PM.

#402 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• 2,603 Thanks
  • 3,750 posts

Posted November 20, 2013 - 11:22 PM

You are right in looking for a Carter.  My feelings about my 120 was bad with the walbro.  The carter swap changed the way it runs.  It has been sitting for 2 months without being started and the last time I was out to my storage place it started on the first try.  

#403 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 10:44 PM

All getting closer, Today I checked the point gap (good) I changed the spark plug and checked gap (good), I soaked and rebuilt the carb again, I took Travis advice and reversed engineered my steps:

1. When did it run good last and start every time first time? it was when it was hot wired from the battery directly to the resistor block.  I Hot wired it again and BAMM it started the first time, so my wiring harness still has issues not providing enough power for proper fire power.

Also another problem The engine dies if I back the choke completely off, but runs fine with it partially on, the troubleshooting says: Its not getting enough fuel thus dies when choke is off: It says the following, Dirty jets carb to clean DONE numerous times and rebuilt! Vent cap on gas tank? Its brand new, Inline Fuel Filter not allowing proper fuel to carb? Its new but could be restrictive, I will buy a new one, BAD GAS, Not its brand new I dumped the whole tank, Air filter dirty? I cleaned it but its old, maybe I can get a new one maybe an issue.  Any suggestions?

So I need a new or used 110 wiring harness or try to run new wires for this one, I installed a new ignition switch already, and I probably need a Carter N carb, I cant clean or rebuild  this one any more!!!

Im HAPPY that there is not something wrong with the Engine, I was thinking that I was going to have to have the engine rebuilt, it runs great low and high power

Edited by Spain, November 21, 2013 - 11:20 PM.

#404 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 12:06 AM

Spain

what kind of fuel filter did you get:

fuel filter are different some are gravity feed and some are used with a fuel pump

also check which way goes on the fuel line - it should show the direction of the fuel

#405 Navy Chief OFFLINE  

Navy Chief
  • 152 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted November 22, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Spain

what kind of fuel filter did you get:

fuel filter are different some are gravity feed and some are used with a fuel pump

also check which way goes on the fuel line - it should show the direction of the fuel

I was thinking exactly that today and I looked at the pic when it was running good and it did not have that in line fuel filter at that time, its a Honda in line, Im going to take it out I hope that's the problem. I put it in because I was getting some debris from the tank, but now the tank is good.