• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Maci's Daddy OFFLINE  

Maci's Daddy
  • Member No: 30301
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hi guys a little new to the diesel Tractor pulling wanting to get some Info and Advice on what frame n drive train I will need make making all this go together for my Daughter I have a 2 Cylinder Kabota I got for cheap we do have rules n I am trying to keep it looking stock from the out side I don't wont to get crazy with having to make or chop a fram n try to use a Factory rear hope you guys can help and thanks O FYI I may not respond fast work a lot
  • Dieselcubmike said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,460 Thanks
  • 7,347 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Welcome to GTT. Someone who knows about diesels should be along soon to help you. Good Luck, Rick

#3 Dieselcubmike OFFLINE  

• Member No: 11127
  • 1,325 Thanks
  • 1,509 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hello and welcome! Cub cadets are the main source for diesel pulling. Ih this going to just be for fun to play with or something you can toy with and move on up? You would use a cub 3 speed tranny for a rearend but you could use a hydro if an absolute last resort you would just have to run it off the front pulley. You can use a 582 frame or wide frame though you will be limited with the wide frame like i am (check my videos out) Just to let you know ahead of time youll have a alot of time and money invested in it. Youll need a good clutch and a good rearend to holdup to all that torque. Youll need a good turbo and gauges to keep an eye on things. If you read the other post about the newbie diesel puller i put a good bit of info in there and answers to different questions. Good luck! P.S post us some pics :)

#4 baerpath OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10928
  • 314 Thanks
  • 514 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:58 AM

If your not going wild the Allis body works good, you can start with the stock rear and if you want to raise HP it's not hard to add a cob style rear with the better internals.

This one's not mine  has a 20hp diesel twin in it. Same as were building for our 20hp class

#5 Maci's Daddy OFFLINE  

Maci's Daddy
  • Member No: 30301
  • 2 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 07:47 PM

thanks guys for the help dieselcubmike yours is bad ass n that is just wont i wont to build and the same for barepath

• Dieselcubmike said thank you

#6 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,450 Thanks
  • 7,615 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 08:48 PM

Welcome to the asylum. What I don't know about diesels would fill up library's. Hope someone can answer your questions.