Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Were Your Tractors On The Assembly Line Together?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

Always learning something!

• Member No: 8172
  • 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 06:09 AM

Something got me to thinking this morning, I wonder how close guys/gals on GTTalk have come to running across other GTTalk members who have tractors with S/N that are close enough to where it's believable that the tractors were on the same assembly in a manufacturing facility somewhere in the mid-west some 40-50 years ago.

So, here's the challenge.........who will tell a story in this thread that comes closest to having their tractor and another GT enthusiast's tractor on the assembly line together?

"Rules"

1) The realization that your tractors S/N were within only a few numbers of each other by chance....randomly.

2) The further you are apart (distance) and the less you knew about the other person count for "style" points.

3) If you tell a good story and add pics of both tractors you get added points.

What does the winner get? Bragging rights and a ton of scornful looks from their wife when they joyfully announce they've won the contest. :bigrofl:

Let the story telling begin.

*P.S. If the space between the S/N is NOT an indication of how close the tractors where on the assembly line please let me down gently....... :D

Edited by Moosetales, March 12, 2013 - 06:31 AM.

• Titus said thank you

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:31 AM

I would think with most the serial numbers being close together would mean they were built close to each other. I will have to see what the serial numbers are on my stuff to play.

• Moosetales said thank you

#3 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,725 Thanks
  • 4,285 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:31 AM

Not my tractors, but I've got a good story about 2 buddies. My buddy jim brought a Vaughan Flex tred back from out west. My buddy Mike bought one here in Ohio. We were all at a show and they were comparing their tractors. The 2 tractors had consecutive numbers. This past June, I went with Jim on another of his tractor picking trips out west. He had a lead on a Vaughan. When helooked at the tag, I thought his jaw was going to hit the floor. That number was one higher than Mike's. He's got 2 tractors with one number apart and Mike's is in the middle. How often would 3 consecutive numbers turn up??
  • MH81, Texas Deere and Horse, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#4 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:39 AM

Not my tractors, but I've got a good story about 2 buddies. My buddy jim brought a Vaughan Flex tred back from out west. My buddy Mike bought one here in Ohio. We were all at a show and they were comparing their tractors. The 2 tractors had consecutive numbers. This past June, I went with Jim on another of his tractor picking trips out west. He had a lead on a Vaughan. When helooked at the tag, I thought his jaw was going to hit the floor. That number was one higher than Mike's. He's got 2 tractors with one number apart and Mike's is in the middle. How often would 3 consecutive numbers turn up??

That is a great story. Now get us a pic or two and you just might win the bragging rights (LOL).

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:47 AM

I think he just won! :camera: :boo_hoo:

• hamman and Moosetales have said thanks

#6 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:54 AM

I think he just won! :camera: :boo_hoo:

I guess we'll have to have two categories......"friend of a friend of a friend" AND "owner/operator"! Hey, there's gotta be a way to keep the contest going. :thumbs:  Wouldn't it be cool to list the S/N from all the tractors (by make and model) of all the GTTalk members and see what kind of a run we could be together?

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,459 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 07:57 AM

That would be cool, but keeping the list going and sorted might be a pain.

#8 OldBuzzard ONLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,482 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:00 AM

I know that two of my G11's are fairly close. SNs of 0100229 and 0100296  That's 67 apart.

My 1256s are fairly close as well, 108209 and 018283 which is 74 apart.

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Over on the Elec Trak site, we keep a serial number list.  I'll have to check to see if anyone is next to or close to mine.

#10 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 09:08 AM

Moosetales,  good that winter is almost over, you need to get out in the sun :bigrofl:

#11 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,725 Thanks
  • 4,285 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 09:49 AM

The tractor on the cart was the one we brought home last June. It's the highest number of the 3. I have a pair of Centaurs and a pair of Utilitors that are less than 20 apart but don't have any consecutives in my collection. Sorry, I'm not much of a picture taker.

vaughanheaven2.JPG ws9431-640.jpg
  • MH81, KennyP and Moosetales have said thanks

#12 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:39 AM

Member "Travis" And I each own a Side Tag 1968 JD. His is a 110 (Serial # 100,463) and mine is a Side Tag 1968 112 (Serial # 100,455). That should make them could down the line maybe the same day. 

2012-10-18 09.18.18.jpg Travis's 110

2012-10-18_14-41-46_800.jpg My 112

Here is a link to the thread.

http://gardentractor...110#entry222217

• KennyP, Trav1s and Moosetales have said thanks

#13 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:00 AM

The tractor on the cart was the one we brought home last June. It's the highest number of the 3. I have a pair of Centaurs and a pair of Utilitors that are less than 20 apart but don't have any consecutives in my collection. Sorry, I'm not much of a picture taker.

vaughanheaven2.JPG ws9431-640.jpg

Those are two nice looking tractors.
  • DougT said thank you

#14 Moosetales OFFLINE  

Moosetales

• 1,088 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 06:32 PM

Hey Titus, I see you've stopped by the thread. I also happen to remember you recently picked yourself up a fine looking Case. I'm partial to Case tractors as I have a 444 myself. Given the theme of this thread AND given that you thought you had a 442 and it turns out to be a 444 what's your S/N on that machine? Mine is SN 9652642.

#15 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 06:45 PM

I don't wish to play right now, but I do have an idea.... we do have a registry on here, and if we all go update them to include serial number than that would be a record of them that the curious ones would have to look at one by one. I know it ain't all but the whole idea is dependent on participation, and if they already won't add them to the registry, I doubt they will get the serial number lol.