25 replies to this topic

#16 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 04:00 PM

You really are lucky, not just to survive the crash, but to have a military that is looking for witnesses.  Our military chain-of-command follows a different formula:

1) deny there was a crash.

2) admit there was a crash but deny it was a military aircraft.

3) admit it was a military aircraft but assert no military personnel were injured.

4) admit military personnel were injured but assert they were off duty at the time.

5) admit they were on duty, but then discharge them as unfit for service (injured) & deny liability for their injuries.

6) when the s**t storm hits the news, blame them for filing the wrong paperwork.

• boyscout862, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks

#17 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,835 Thanks
  • 3,185 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:19 PM

We hear you on that last comment--- there are times when we really wonder about the gov't. attitude towards our servicemen. They brag them up and want them to serve, then if they get hurt--??--  well, "who the heck are you, and why should you get support?"  Not much justice there.

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#18 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,750 Thanks
  • 7,521 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 06:42 AM

You really are lucky, not just to survive the crash, but to have a military that is looking for witnesses.  Our military chain-of-command follows a different formula:

1) deny there was a crash.

2) admit there was a crash but deny it was a military aircraft.

3) admit it was a military aircraft but assert no military personnel were injured.

4) admit military personnel were injured but assert they were off duty at the time.

5) admit they were on duty, but then discharge them as unfit for service (injured) & deny liability for their injuries.

6) when the s**t storm hits the news, blame them for filing the wrong paperwork.

The U.S. Army does that too. Its like the doctors have a quota for screwing soldiers. I've seen them lie and distort test results. They've been really bad with the Reservists and National Guard that have been to Bushs' wars. Many were limited to two years VA benefits even though they know that the problems are for a lifetime.

In 93 a bunch of us at the VA hospitol were talking. One of the guys said it had been 25 years since he came home from NAM. When do the nightmares stop he asked. An old guy said that it was 75 years since he came home from France and they haven't stopped yet. Its a helluva price to pay!

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner, Team_Green and oldedeeres have said thanks

#19 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 08:43 AM

Its a helluva price to pay!

Cheeses me off that the vet's get discarded like they are nothing.. Everyone in office makes four or five times the amount a service man/lady makes. With out these great service men/ladies  we would be under Hilter rule..  I would love to see those in office serve for two weeks over there.. NOT in a chair either.  in the field. 

Sorry for my rant.. it's a soft spot in my heart. My wife usually leaves the room when someone brings it up...
  • boyscout862, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and oldedeeres have said thanks

#20 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 09:03 AM

Sorry for my rant.. it's a soft spot in my heart. My wife usually leaves the room when someone brings it up...

I can't say there isn't a soft spot in my heart,but...... Let's not forget the original intent of the post. I'm glad N-S is still with us and gets to enjoy the new addition to the family.
  • boyscout862, New.Canadian.DB.Owner and oldedeeres have said thanks

#21 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Notsafe, THANK YOU for your Service to our Country !! It sounds to me that you have a wonderful life ahead of you and remember GOD will surprise you whenever he can. Congratulations on the new addition to the family and hang in there, things will work out. Have FAITH Bother, the baby just proves that there are Miracles everyday !!

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner and Team_Green have said thanks

#22 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:50 AM

I can't say there isn't a soft spot in my heart,but...... Let's not forget the original intent of the post. I'm glad N-S is still with us and gets to enjoy the new addition to the family.

Agreed.  I didn't mean to Bogart the thread.  Congrats on the new comer!  Enjoy the early years.  They are tough when you are in them, but they are awesome memories.  

#23 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:50 AM

As i had said in my first post.. Im glad he is doing better.. Family is all there is that bonds us.. Not just family you are born into.. I'm 100 percent behind the Service folks of the USA and Canada..  Im just sickened by how most of em get treated after they lay their life on the line..  

• oldedeeres said thank you

#24 Notsafe OFFLINE  

Notsafe
  • Member No: 28550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 02:01 PM

So I have decided to build the crib and furniture for the baby room, I have been looking at ideas on-line and I am working on developing plans. Also on the plans table is to eventually build an all terrain stroller/wagon with independent suspension that can be modified as the child develops to eventually be a rock crawler/dune buggy

Edited by Notsafe, March 12, 2013 - 02:01 PM.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and Team_Green have said thanks

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,377 Thanks
  • 39,645 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 05:11 PM

So I have decided to build the crib and furniture for the baby room, I have been looking at ideas on-line and I am working on developing plans. Also on the plans table is to eventually build an all terrain stroller/wagon with independent suspension that can be modified as the child develops to eventually be a rock crawler/dune buggy

That sounds cool! If you don't mind, take us along as you build these!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#26 Notsafe OFFLINE  

Notsafe
  • Member No: 28550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Can do

• olcowhand and boyscout862 have said thanks