• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Notsafe OFFLINE  

Notsafe
  • Member No: 28550
  • 49 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:16 AM

Pull up a chair, top off your coffee cup and listen to my story. So as anything in life there will always be ups and downs, I seem to have big ones and then I bounce back from them better than ever. I start back in 2007 when I was engaged for the first time to a girl in Virginia. I was accepted to change careers in the Air Force after 10 years of searving to fly helicopters, so I took the oppritunity. I moved to New Mexico for a long amount of training, and we decided that I will go and do my training and then move her when ever I get my assigned duty station. After a while it seemed harder to contact her. She basically gave up and couldnt do the long distant thing and desided to keep the almost $4K ring I bought her. She told me in an email to forget about the ring. Well I decided to file a law suit. During the lawsuit I was getting stressed out and I ended up blowing my rt knee out for the 3rd time working out in the gym. So because of the lawsuit and blowing my knee out I was pulled from Blackhawk flight training until things settled and healed. Well both things took along time, after winning the lawsuit and having another surgery, I was told that I could re-enter flight training, but not on the blackhawk, they gave me the Huey helicopter and orders to Minot. I had nothing against Minot and glad to go. Well needless to say I had an old female friend get in touch with me via the internet. I first met her over in Okinawa japan back in 98'. I had a thing for her but she was seeing somone else at the time so I played the friend thing.

Well we decided to meet just for the hell of it, found out she had a thing for me back then and still did, I told her how I felt so we gave it a go back in 2008'. I moved her to Minot with me in late 2009 when she was still in school finishing her degree. I had bought a house out in a rural neighborhood, in the valley by the country club and golf course. Summer of 2011 we had a massive flood that took over 5000 homes in the minot area, to include our house. we lived in a friends 20ft camper with no bathroom since he didnt winterize the water system and blew the tanks. so we had the camper parked behind my work with a living space of 15x8ft for 6 months before getting a fema trailer. the city and state drug there feet on what to do and or they were talking about buy outs to redo the river. we were led on the line saying we would be bought out and not to rebuild our house. we stayed in the fema trailer until april 2012 since we decided to step forward and get another place while the state figures stuff out. we bought our DREAM house and property in April 2012 and never got the buy out from the state until Oct 2012 on the flooded house, so we paid 2 large mortgages for a while. So fast forward,we got married Feb2012,  June 2012 we started talking, we have our dream house and property, things are going our way, our schooling is done we are at that point in time. we start talking about having a baby. So we tried and tried, we read books and researched the internet and still no prego. WTF, so I go to the Urologist Dec 2012 and start running tests, find out I do have an isue and they start wanting to push a surgery that is not garrentied to fix the issue but thats what they are wanting to do, I dont feel comfortable by the way they are pushing. In the mean time my wife is freaking out because she is about to turn 35 so she sees a OBGYN, Jan 2013. We talk to her DR. and he tells me dont do the surgery, he looks at the numbers and says that yes I have an issue but not like how they made it out. He decided to step forward and have my wife do a non-surgery proceedure to help her chances called an HGC Feb2013. We had our 1 year annerversay Feb 2013, then I had my birthday, and then it happened. The day I thought would never happen. The morning of 25 Feb 2013, I am involved in a violent helicopter crash in the middle of no where north dakota, I sustained a back injury and was banged up, I was transported an hour away to the hospital via ambulance strapped to a back board. I had injuries with massive back pain and headaches, Ive just been a mess, a few days later was my wifes birthday. March 1 she came home and was asking if I remember her telling me about a dream she had the other day. Now keep in mind Im drugged up laid up on the couch, I wipe my drool up and said no. She hands me a stick with a +. So it looks as if we will be having our first Baby long over due, starting in our mid 30s.

So keep in mind when ever you have a rough time or somthing bad happen to you on a big scale, just remember, somthing good will come from it.

From the crash http://www.kxnet.com...eking-witnesses

• olcowhand, Texas Deere and Horse, hamman and 10 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Cool. Hope everything works out good. Back problems are really about the worst injury you can have. I broke mine when I was a Marine Corps Drill Instructor and it's never been the same.

Edited by crittersf1, March 10, 2013 - 08:47 AM.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,523 Thanks
  • 39,745 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:27 AM

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us. Best of luck with the baby and the back issues.

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:29 AM

Hang in there, great things await you!  And thank you so much for your service!  May you heal 100% asap!

#5 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:31 AM

Congratulations and get well soon!! My prayers are with you and your wife.

Geno

#6 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,341 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:33 AM

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Congrats on the Kiddo on the way! Tell you wife we had our "Oopsy Baby" when my wife was 35. While there were some things to be aware of, it was no issue at all. (Loran turned 3 last week and has been a real game changer for us around here.) :thumbs:

As for the accident, thank goodness you're still here & we Hope you get all the help you need and patched up as fast as possible.

#7 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 09:31 AM

Good Luck. You really do have to get a second opinion with doctors. Many of them just want to try proceedures. When I was a patient at Walter Reed many years ago I wasn't supposed to make it. Those doctors decided that I was an excellant lab rat since I couldn't talk. I believe that some of them were escaped Nazis from the Mengle School of medicne. Much of my long term damage was due to their experiments.

Make and keep copies of all your records. Find which doctor is really interested in the patient. Don't let them retire you without a good percentage.

The most important people in your recovery will be your physical therapists. Do exactly what they tell you. Do not keep secrets about pain. Many times it is a long road to recover. Mine was years. Keep a posative attitude. I found that reading was a great escape from the pain as I relearned to walk and use my hands. I wish you good luck and patience for your recovery.

I congratulate you on the up coming parent hood and wish you all good luck. We were 41 when we had our son.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#8 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,630 Thanks
  • 2,586 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 09:48 AM

COngratulations on the upcoming baby. Sorry for the injuries in Your Service to our country. " THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE". We hope you heal 100% and enjoy your new family.

#9 Newpaws493 OFFLINE  

Newpaws493
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9454
  • 1,150 Thanks
  • 1,691 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 10:38 AM

Thank you for your service and for sharing with us here. One can think 'how tough we've got it in life', until we hear someone else with more challanges, troubles and bad hands dealt. IMO these things really test our inner strength and courage and you sound like yours is still intact. :thumbs: :thumbs: All the best to you and your growing family, Be Well.  good.gif

#10 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 11:51 AM

Thank You for sharing your life with us, and your serive for us. I wish you a good recovery and congradulation of the new little one.

Dick

#11 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 11:54 AM

Boyscout has it straight, the therapist are the ones that are hands on, their agenda is you !

Thanks for your service, but make them put some $$ signs in that discharge, I'm 21 years out and the bills are all mine the last 11years. Some nonsense about no more money for Vietnam Era Vets, then its lost records in Kansas fire, then its ??? I love my country but get it in writing and get it up front, far too many vets are getting the same ol' same ol' routine, and with our current leadership all bets appear to be open for negotiation.

CONGRATULATIONS on the baby, that is awesome, my kids are what kept me from giving up!!

Dig deep and hang on the re-hab will be rough but kids are the best medicine.

I will be praying for you and yours.

Keep us posted,Jim

• boyscout862 and New.Canadian.DB.Owner have said thanks

#12 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 07:42 PM

Congrats on the baby. I have three with my ex wife and said that was the end. However i remarried a gal who is 17 years  younger than me and at 42 years old she presented me with a surprise.   Remember all that birth control that was recalled about a year and a half ago. She was taking it. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

• olcowhand and boyscout862 have said thanks

#13 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 11:12 PM

Congrats on the great state of mind..  Your kid will change your life and give you even more to live for..   

#14 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 11:45 PM

I will support the advise about the physical therapist also. I'm been living with a bad back for a long time. 20lb. lift limit.  When you start feeling better don't forget that you have a bad back. Take care of yourself, congratulations to you and your wife, and I hope your feeling better soon.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#15 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,778 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 11:12 AM

My back was miserable until I went to a sports therapist. I had been to three different PT docs and they did nothing but waste my time. The Sports guy looked at my back and said it curved to the left. Then he proceeded to work to get me straightened back up and to strengthen the damaged stuff. Day and night difference.  Only things he couldn't fix are my permanently dislocated shoulder and my elbows that the stupid surgeon made worse.

I still have back spasms but they aren't near as bad.

• boyscout862 said thank you