Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Thanks all, Yes the Tractors are getting a good work out, they needed it after sitting a while, this even helped clear up the water in the oil issue on BMP. I think the tractors are enjoying this as much as I am. Still labor intensive with all the rakeing and shovleing, but I needed the work out too. Looks like I'll be breaking RED out for some mowing this evening. I intensionally will be starting that later so to check out how well the LED lamps work.I'll see if I can get a video of that. 

#17 tinner OFFLINE  

tinner

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 961
  • 502 Thanks
  • 1,561 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 10:32 PM

Looking good there Larry.  As far as I'm concerned, there are no good cedar trees.  The way I got rid of a couple of stumps was to let them dry for a year and then put a large bag of charcoal on them and light it up.  No big fire and it keeps the heat on them until they are good and started.  The big ones will burn for a couple of days.  Looks like it's been a little windy over at your place too.  

• larrybl said thank you

#18 larrybl OFFLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,955 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 10:43 AM

Looking good there Larry.  As far as I'm concerned, there are no good cedar trees.  The way I got rid of a couple of stumps was to let them dry for a year and then put a large bag of charcoal on them and light it up.  No big fire and it keeps the heat on them until they are good and started.  The big ones will burn for a couple of days.  Looks like it's been a little windy over at your place too.  

Thanks, this is the best (and cheepest) idea yet! I like it. Yea been pretty windy, if those windmills wernt so darn expensive I would have one by now. There are too many Cedars to clear them all. besides, all I have for shade are Mesquete and Cedar, neither are a prefered yard tree, but I take what I can  get.

This is how the area looks this morning, Used to be a catus patch where the trailer is now sitting, and even without wheel weights I managed to bend the pin on the blade, goes to show how hard I am working these, but I am almost done, and they will be cleaned up and serviced before storeing away, Then RED gets the center stage for mowing. (meybe today) depends on how late NASCAR runs.

Attached Thumbnails

• P1080261.JPG
  • P1080262.JPG
  • P1080263.JPG
  • P1080264.JPG
  • P1080265.JPG

#19 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,486 Thanks
  • 39,722 posts

Posted March 17, 2013 - 01:01 PM

That does sound like a neat idea, Ronnie! Once they get going, then have a wiener roast!