Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 06:20 PM

I knew I lost both feet off the Power King blade in the last snow.  Been keeping an eye out for them as the snow melts.  Yesterday when I came home from work, there sat one of them all proper and upright.  Two days ago there was still a foot of snow right there where I had rolled it over to make a path.  All the snow is gone now except the biggest drifts and where I piled it.  Hope I find the other one....

Wednesday the landlord [I've always called him that - he only owns the cows on this place] had a flat on the 6410 Deere he feeds with.  All I could think was oh crap,  he ran over my snow plow foot and this is gonna cost me a new 18.4-34 tire!  Luckily he just bumped the valve stem on some ice or frozen mud and with a new tube he is back up and running.   Service call and tube was still $224.  OUCH! 

Attached Thumbnails

• 001.JPG

#2 JRJ OFFLINE  

JRJ
  • Member No: 16399
  • 876 Thanks
  • 1,170 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 07:14 PM

OUCH is right, did you tell him you weren't selling the tractor.

Dick

#3 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,634 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Since the tire repair wasn't my fault I didn't have to pay.

It's been raining for about 30 hours and the snow is virtually gone so I grabbed an umbrella and went out looking for the blade foot.  Dug through the remaining piles to where I was satisfied it was not there.  Walked down the driveway [860 feet long] and south along the HWY about 50 yards - nutin!  As I was turning around I looked farther south and something caught my eye. It was shaped right but I thought there is no way I had the Power King that far from my drive.  Guess the state plow took it a ways farther because there it sat,  upright just like the other one a full 75 yards from the driveway!    I am one happy camper!   From now-on,  I will clip and safety wire the feet to the blade.  Life is good!!!

<--------    RYAN,  Look here!!   :wave:

Edited by Gtractor, March 10, 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#4 pigsitter OFFLINE  

pigsitter

enjoyin the livin part of life!

• Member No: 10704
  • 1,227 Thanks
  • 1,083 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 05:47 PM

Glad to read this story has a happy ending,amazing how lost items sometimes travel! :thumbs: