2 replies to this topic

#1 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 05:45 PM

I've never been happy with the neutral safety switch on my LGT 125. It's always been a bear to get it into neutral. Usually needed so much force that the shifter went past it. So, I finally took the seat pan off to check it out. There was the remains of a rubber boot on the button for the switch. Which I removed, and I adjusted the switch back a bit. But it turns out that switch needs about the same distance to activate it as the diameter of the shift rod! I'm thinking maybe add a coller to the shaft that would increase the diameter to something like 1/2"?

Someone has been into this before. I could be missing something. Has anyone else had to fix this problem?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,347 Thanks
  • 39,627 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 07:39 AM

Your 125 is a bit different from my 165. Mine is just a bit off center, but I can find it fairly easily. If it's being a bit hard to get it just right, then you might need to add something to the lever. Even a bit of welding ground smooth might just take care of it. I try to remember to shift mine to neutral before I shut it off.

• Rock farmer said thank you

#3 Rock farmer ONLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,119 Thanks
  • 1,177 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 06:14 PM

Your 125 is a bit different from my 165. Mine is just a bit off center, but I can find it fairly easily. If it's being a bit hard to get it just right, then you might need to add something to the lever. Even a bit of welding ground smooth might just take care of it. I try to remember to shift mine to neutral before I shut it off.

Yea, my LGT 165 is much easier to shift into neutral too. I'm thinking I'll attach a piece of stainless steel sheet metal to the tube frame passing over the switch. A couple of dimples or creases just before and after the switch might work. Trick is to provide a lead-in ramp for the shift rod. I really don't want to just jump the switch.

Thanks!

Joe
  • KennyP said thank you