Several 3 Point Questions For A 1650

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gtcsreg ONLINE  

• Member No: 25875
  • 1,634 Thanks
  • 1,620 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 11:38 AM

Attached File  ebay 3 point.htm   106.12KB   76 downloadsWhen I first got on this site you guys said any questions on GTs were ok so here's a few.  And seriously doubt I will go ahead with this but it's still possible I might.  I have tried to post a picture here.  I have a Snapper 1650 which has hydralics but no 3 point or rear PTO(I have a snowblower that operates off the hydralics and it works fine). The hydralics has 1 lever.  This guy who has the pictured 3 point for sale says this came off a 1655 MF.  As I understand it the hydralic control valve has a screw where the second lever would go if I install a 3 point. This 3 point is the same one that would have sold new on my tractor, correct?  Is there anything missing from this picture that I would need other than the lever?  Is this just a bolt on operation or will any holes need drilled or modifications be needed?  Will the hydralics cylinder need charged? If so, how? I know very little about the operation of hydralics.  Is $250-$275 a reasonable price for what is seen in the picture? Anything else I need to know?   Thanks in advance.

Edited by gtcsreg, March 09, 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,516 Thanks
  • 7,379 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 11:56 AM

Try the manuals in our manuals section under MF/SNAPPER. There is several manuals that you can download for free(limit 3 per day).

• gtcsreg said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 6,374 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 12:39 PM

I bought one once, was $350 and damaged. Later bought second hand parts tractor for $200 with hitch. Here is what I ran in to. The valve for second system is on the tractor, alongside the lift one. It has no handle and has plugs in ports. Mounting the metal for the hitch was easy. I had to remove the whole system from doner to use in mine. It has different bent lines, all hard, and were diff shape than stock ones, even on the lift.  The cylinder is bigger and mounts to left inside body. Think one mount was there, other came in kit?? I used the double valve from doner, much easier than messing with adapting other one. Even the main line hook-ups to pump were changed to diff ones if I recall. It is best to remove the whole fender/seat parts and tunnel covers off to see and work in this space if you haven't yet. Manuals have pix of parts for 3pt if I recall. Not sure if any instruction on mounting tho, been awhile and sold book with tractor. Putting in the top rockshaft seemed kinda complex if I recall too. Small hardware is needed to be put in correct. Many times the lift links are missing or damaged in used systems. I didn't look at your link, but have seen some for sale, incomplete.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#4 coldone OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 04:30 PM

That looks like a complete 3PTH including the elusive top link. It should fit your 1650 with little to no problems. Where you might see problems is connecting the hyd lines to your spool. Your spool should have the second valve needed to operate the 3pth but it is missing the control handle. I dont know of anywhere to get the parts for that, I had to make my own for one I had that was busted.

The hydraulic cylinder will get it oil from the transaxle resevoir. As long as your tractor has the correct amount of fluid in it you shouldnt need to fillthe cylinder before use.

I think its a decent price for the complete 3pth. I think thats what i paid for one I bought for my 1855.

• gtcsreg said thank you

#5 gtcsreg ONLINE  

• Member No: 25875
  • 1,634 Thanks
  • 1,620 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for the input guys.  Someone else just bought it so onward and upward. :wave:

#6 limebuzz OFFLINE  

• Member No: 795
  • 823 Thanks
  • 862 posts

Posted March 10, 2013 - 08:03 AM

Thats too bad that you missed out on that deal gtcsreg.Its pretty straight forward upgrade.

• gtcsreg said thank you