John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 03:25 PM

Just came in from a two hour "get the road open" to street. Been warm here the last two weeks so most of the other 2' of snow from the '13 blizzard was gone and the ground is warm, so this new foot of the white is real wet, and the ground is soft which makes it act like a Oct. snow fall, not really fun to play in but it looks pretty, :D Looks like another week before I'll be able to start cutting trees up from the last big storm now.001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG

• boyscout862 and oldtimer have said thanks

#2 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 04:48 PM

I know how you feel John.  I went out this afternoon and cleared the driveway because it was getting pretty deep, and I thought it was almost over. Snow's still coming down at a good clip.  More darn branches to get off the lawn now.   never ends !  I drove the Hsqvaran straight into the shed, now watch us get another 10"  !!  lol

#3 NJKen OFFLINE  

NJKen
  • Member No: 9515
  • 1,359 Thanks
  • 1,284 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 04:52 PM

I'll take all the snow you want to ship south, John !! We haven't had crap for snow. There is still a slight hope, but the odds are growing against it.

Your neighbor, no not TH, Mike (Bosox) sent me a text message today asking me to come plow his snow, cause he's over it already.

#4 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 05:33 PM

I know how you feel John.  I went out this afternoon and cleared the driveway because it was getting pretty deep, and I thought it was almost over. Snow's still coming down at a good clip.  More darn branches to get off the lawn now.   never ends !  I drove the Hsqvaran straight into the shed, now watch us get another 10"  !!  lol

I'll take all the snow you want to ship south, John !! We haven't had crap for snow. There is still a slight hope, but the odds are growing against it.

Your neighbor, no not TH, Mike (Bosox) sent me a text message today asking me to come plow his snow, cause he's over it already.

oldtimer, I through it was done too, over the last hour it's snowing harder

Ken, we are getting even more than Mike is, last I measured it was 17" P.S. like Mike I'm done too, and TH town is even worst according to news :thumbs:

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 07:23 PM

March is not my favorite month either. I got off easyy this week, but it is supose to start raining here tonight and rain through Sunday night. Temps hover aroud the freezing point and can go fromm rain to sleet to snow in just a few degrees.

#6 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 07:32 PM

We got 5"+ out of a predicted possible 9" and as things have been going lately that's a decent percentage.  AND it didn't turn to rain!:D  We only lost 2 big white pine limbs in the wind and only one of those hit the house so all in all it's been an acceptable "Frozen Precipitation Event 'Saturn'".  I hope the stormy trend continues and we get storms all the way past Uranus!:D

• oldtimer said thank you

#7 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 08:05 PM

John--no question that most of you folks up North hate March snowstorms, --but NOBODY, NOBODY   hates March snow  More than we southerners--    :ah_shoot:

#8 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Just came in from a two hour "get the road open" to street. Been warm here the last two weeks so most of the other 2' of snow from the '13 blizzard was gone and the ground is warm, so this new foot of the white is real wet, and the ground is soft which makes it act like a Oct. snow fall, not really fun to play in but it looks pretty, :D Looks like another week before I'll be able to start cutting trees up from the last big storm now.attachicon.gif001.JPGattachicon.gif002.JPGattachicon.gif003.JPG

That looks good in YOUR yard.. Not mine.. mind you i would trade ya the snow for the -5f we had here last night..

Your farm girl is gunna whoop your but if she has to go dig that machine of yours out with her little broom blower..  :(

Post up your PO box number.. I hear there is a deal on packages over 100 sq ft.. I can send you a few dozen boxes..

#9 wawcub47 OFFLINE  

wawcub47

• Member No: 852
  • 68 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted March 08, 2013 - 10:57 PM

The only good thing about march snows is it dont last too long.

#10 oldtimer OFFLINE  

oldtimer
  • Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted March 09, 2013 - 07:25 AM

We got 5"+ out of a predicted possible 9" and as things have been going lately that's a decent percentage.  AND it didn't turn to rain! :D  We only lost 2 big white pine limbs in the wind and only one of those hit the house so all in all it's been an acceptable "Frozen Precipitation Event 'Saturn'".  I hope the stormy trend continues and we get storms all the way past Uranus! :D

HH,  much more snow and it WILL be past Uranus !!  :D