#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,667 Thanks
  • 6,486 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 03:20 PM

Northern IN got about 6" of snow last nite and today. Went out at noon to plow. Power King with big ags just sat and spun, got it stuck right away. Went out and got the little Wheelhorse Charger with big chains and hydro and pushed away.......!   Snow was drifted 14" right on sidewalk and in drive. It motored right thru it. Some passes did twice, blade rose up over snow as it was packing. Even went up/down my hilly driveway with some pushes to side when built up.  That darned old wheelhorse is always my Savior in the snow. I'm sure worn out tho w/out a hydro blade lift, left arm and back are sore now. Sure need a hydro with foot pedal and lift at my age. Out for the Hunt for that this summer! :smilewink: 

• Littledeere, bgkid2966 and twostep have said thanks

#2 John@Reliable OFFLINE  

John@Reliable

Procrastinators unite tomorrow

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 36
  • 1,295 Thanks
  • 1,416 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Coming my way they say, I hate real wet stuff, but the ocean temp is up so ................ (I hope it rains) :D

• Littledeere said thank you

#3 wawcub47 OFFLINE  

wawcub47

• Member No: 852
  • 68 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 04:15 PM

we got a very wet snow, so i got my ol cub cadet70 out and pushed to clean out my drive. It got dual 6-12's and i set of wheel weights. Done a great job.

#4 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 04:57 PM

With snow like that, its not the type of tractor but the chains and weights taht work

#5 PappyH OFFLINE  

PappyH

• Member No: 7112
  • 35 Thanks
  • 53 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 06:30 PM

I'm about 8 miles west of Glgrumpy and had around 8 inches of the wet stuff.  The Yard Pro 20 hp GT with 60 lbs of wheel weight, chains and my 275 lbs on the seat handled it with ease.  I continue to be amazed at what this thing can do.

Bryan

#6 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Boy am I tired. I estimate that we got around an 1" - 1 1/2"...........of RAIN!!!!! :mad2:   All last night they were calling for 5" - 8" of wet snow. I was looking forward to staying home with the kids, shoveling and having snowball fights. Little hard to pack and throw water! I wish I had a job where I could screw up all of the time, and not have to worry about being fired!

#7 Littledeere ONLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Boy am I tired. I estimate that we got around an 1" - 1 1/2"...........of RAIN!!!!! :mad2:   All last night they were calling for 5" - 8" of wet snow. I was looking forward to staying home with the kids, shoveling and having snowball fights. Little hard to pack and throw water! I wish I had a job where I could screw up all of the time, and not have to worry about being fired!

Troy wish it was rain here 20 " plus or so wet snow no power for almost a day.And I'M parked in a chair getting to look at it from inside

#8 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 08:49 PM

Ah feel yer pain!  Same thing is going to happen here after the 9" of snow CBS-TV NY's weather clown predicted for he next 2 days turns to rain or doesn't materalize again.  And he never seems to lose his job... only the news anchorman that choked out his wife, but that's another story. (Maybe he has a nice GT and is frustrated by too little snow too!:D)

I can't seem to knock the dust off the blade cutting edge no matter what they say is going to happen.

• johndeereelfman said thank you

#9 1978murray OFFLINE  

1978murray

diesel mechanic

• Member No: 2523
  • 598 Thanks
  • 1,163 posts

Posted March 07, 2013 - 08:49 AM

we got 8in where im at in N.W PA. used my snow blower because the murray is broken. the snow is almost all gone now it got up to 46 yesterday