• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 09:05 AM

a 4x4 articulating tractor would be cool to have not sure what i would need one for though. whats the new one gonne be modeled after i know of coures a john deere  :thumbs:  but what model and how are you gonna go about making it 4wd?

#17 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted March 11, 2013 - 09:46 AM

I am going to be more careful not to affend anyone here by not posting much ... Be sure to stop by my webpage once in a while as i will post progress pics there and no one can comment on my webpage.

What is up with the hem hawing? Why don't you just post you're stuff up here like everyone else does.

• NUTNDUN, Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#18 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• Member No: 7818
  • 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 11:53 AM

Less is more , I was posting everyday and I think people got bored with my projects. A random post might be more interesting . :thumbs:

#19 tractorgarden OFFLINE  

tractorgarden

Junk Whisperer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2291
  • 1,277 Thanks
  • 1,432 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 12:57 PM

Less is more , I was posting everyday and I think people got bored with my projects. A random post might be more interesting . :thumbs:

Don, please dont make us vote. Post some more of your awesome work here.

Shawn

#20 twostep OFFLINE  

twostep

Rockstar

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10198
  • 1,850 Thanks
  • 2,476 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 03:37 PM

I'll put it this way... I've never exited a thread thinking "man, I just can't handle looking at all those pictures..."

• HowardsMF155 and Michiganmobileman have said thanks

#21 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 04:31 PM

I did kinda overdo it there for a while posting so much , ha,ha.

I plan to use the dueled up 4x4 tractor for pushing snow . 30 years I have wanted a mini 4x4 tractor with duels on the front and rear. When I see them at tractor shows I always take lots of pictures and think someday I hope to have one of those . I plan on redoing the Steiner tractor . Putting 30" tires will require to redo the frame , the fuel tank , the fenders , the front attachment mounts  and put duel stacks on it . It should make a perfect rig. I do not like how it looks . It looks like a lawn mower and I want it to look like a tractor . We'll see what I come up with and I'm sure a couple  of you will let me know if you hate it , lol

#22 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,753 Thanks
  • 8,922 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 05:31 PM

Steiner has a good start for a Steiger look-alike. Not to mention only needing one letter in the graphics redone.

104.jpg 7423.JPG

#23 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm hoping to get the Steiner to look more like the Steiger with the taller tires and extending the frame and building new rear fenders and some front fenders . Those 30" tires and duels will make it look 100% more like a tractor than a lawnmower.

#24 countryboy88 OFFLINE  

countryboy88
  • Member No: 8702
  • 77 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:00 PM

Cant wait to see what you come up with.  :D

#25 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 06:18 PM

My 8 tires and rims for the 4x4 duelly project were sent out today and should arrive Friday afternoon. One other garden tractor project left for me to build would be my own garden tractor dozer on tracks. :wave:

#26 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:25 AM

For many years people sent me photos of their projects, sometimes they are on the crude side but I always gave everyone 100% positive feedback. So it is hard for me sometimes for people to criticize my projects in a negative way . I would never say a single thing to discourage anyone creating things with their hands in their little workshops. This is why I came back to see if it was just me overreacting . I'm giving it another try and hope this time everything works out positive. :wave:

• backwoods said thank you

#27 backwoods OFFLINE  

backwoods
  • Member No: 8613
  • 2,060 Thanks
  • 2,434 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:39 AM

i cant wait to see how this project turns out what do you have in mind for the cub cadet that you picked up?

#28 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 09:40 AM

my own garden tractor dozer on tracks.

I sure can't blame you for wanting to build a small crawler. Every time I run into something concerning one of these I have to study it closely. Just can't figure out what I'd do with it when I was done building it. If you have a use for it I sure hope you will build it. :thumbs:

#29 Don Campbell OFFLINE  

Don Campbell

Tractorholic

• 1,373 Thanks
  • 1,092 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 01:23 PM

No real use for the mini dozer other than the enjoyment of trying to create it. and then share it at tractor shows. Same with most of my garden tractors, working on them has been great even not having a use for them. When they only cost $100.00 they don't have to do much work. I never drank beer, never smoked, never took any kind of drugs, so I figure the money I saved is buying all of this stuff, ha,ha.

• backwoods said thank you

#30 bgkid2966 OFFLINE  

bgkid2966

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8254
  • 1,407 Thanks
  • 1,327 posts

Posted March 14, 2013 - 05:48 PM

I enjoy following your projects! I only wish I had your fabrication talent. I think the 8-wheeled articulating tractor is a great idea! I am glad you decided to come back!

I don't know if less is more, seeing your posts put a smile on my face and many others, I am sure.

Geno