Garden Tractor Forums banner

After the 4th Comcast visit, I think our internet might work right.

856 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  caseguy 
#1 ·
We have had a long dilemma with Comcast for the past couple months since we moved. The first tech guy that came out was supposed to bring two cable boxes as well as make sure there were 4 outlets working. From the moment he got out of the truck he didn't want to be here. I told him to go home if he didn't want to do the work. He ended up breaking part of the wall where he put the one cable jack and basically all we got that day was the modem hooked up and no cable boxes.

The second guy brought cable boxes but never checked any wires.

We switched to the triple play to have the phone also and they sent a self install kit with the new modem. After countless calls to comcast it was determined the modem was defective.

Third comcast guy brought out another modem. Everything was working for about two weeks.

Internet got to the point dial up would have been faster. A lot of times just ending in pages timing out. I kind of narrowed it down to the modem again as if I would reset it the internet would be fine for a day and gradually get slower and slower.

So the fourth Comcast guy comes out today. First he tells me the modem we have is one of the oldest ones and it was faulty. So he put a new one in. He also replaced our dvr box with a new one which is pretty cool looking actually. The we find out half of the cables should have been replaced before anything was hooked up. Then the cable ground was on the copper cold water line which is apparently a big no no. I guess they used to do it this way years ago. So he ran a new ground, replaced the wires and connectors that needed to be replaced as well as the modem and dvr box. I slid him a tip. It was nice actually having one of their guys finally take care of sh*t.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know what you mean, but not with my phone guy, other stuff. My phone repairman goes out of the way EVERY time I have a problem. Sometimes it takes more than one trip, but he gets it done. My TV box is supposed to handlke my dsl also, but because I'm so far out it causes TV problems. He put in a separate dsl modem to stop the dsl signal from having to go through the TV box and mow all works great. No charge for the modem, where there is usually a monthly rental fee. He said I shouldn't pay extra for a service I'm already paying for but is screwed up....man isn't he right on!

#3 ·
Sounds like they finally sent the "A" team in after the fourth and fifth string guys botched it! You gotta love the way these places do business. One guy who knows what he's doing for nine others who just get through the day! I'm glad you got it sorted out...finally!

#4 ·
caseguy said:
Sounds like they finally sent the "A" team in after the fourth and fifth string guys botched it!
Or Macgyver !!:laughingteeth: :laughingteeth:

#5 ·
So far the internet is still pretty snappy so hopefully it stays that way. You know Comcast was rated as one of the worst companies for customer service. That's why now they are pushing that commercial about how they wear booties on their shoes and that they care.

#7 ·
That's who I have. They're OK here, but I haven't had a lot of trouble lately. When they first hooked it up I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support over modem troubles, but that stopped when I bought my own modem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.