4 replies to this topic

#1 Bob IN OFFLINE  

Bob IN
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24042
  • 1,473 Thanks
  • 676 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 06:39 PM

Is a john deere 110 1964 kind of unusual because the three speed? Im just curious.

• larryd said thank you

#2 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 06:44 PM

I would say yes and the sheet metal front axle and some of the other things it shares with a 63

• johndeereelfman and larryd have said thanks

#3 johndeereelfman OFFLINE  

johndeereelfman

Elfin Majic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3761
  • 5,480 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 07:31 PM

Bob,

Let's just say, there aren't as many to be found like there was four to five years ago. If you can get it at a decent price, and if it's in good shape, I'd say go for it. If you're unsure if you want it or not, and the price is right, pass it along to one of the other John Deere guys. I believe Kenny (Littledeere) is looking for one, aren't you Kenny?

Beware though Bob, since John Deere is celebrating it's 50th year for the 110, I have seen the prices for these old round fenders almost double, just because sellers want to take advantage of the historical mark, and make money off the people looking to buy one, and who want to be included in this event. :(

• Texas Deere and Horse, Littledeere, jd.rasentrac and 2 others have said thanks

#4 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 08:30 PM

In 1965, John Deere changed the transmission from three speeds to four speeds.

• jd.rasentrac and larryd have said thanks

#5 Littledeere OFFLINE  

Littledeere

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2778
  • 1,545 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:58 AM

Bob,

Let's just say, there aren't as many to be found like there was four to five years ago. If you can get it at a decent price, and if it's in good shape, I'd say go for it. If you're unsure if you want it or not, and the price is right, pass it along to one of the other John Deere guys. I believe Kenny (Littledeere) is looking for one, aren't you Kenny?

Beware though Bob, since John Deere is celebrating it's 50th year for the 110, I have seen the prices for these old round fenders almost double, just because sellers want to take advantage of the historical mark, and make money off the people looking to buy one, and who want to be included in this event. :(

I would like to find another as there is a sel# break and my 64 is an early, I would like to have a late one as well but you never now what time will bring

• johndeereelfman said thank you