• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 06:38 PM

I ended up swapping my ailing 518 Wheel Horse for this nice 105 IH Cub Cadet.  Tractor runs excellent with no issues, came with a pair of IH cast iron wheel weights, a solid 42" mower deck and I got him to throw in a 36" snowblade for some spare parts I had.  Gotta get her changed over to the blade tomorrow as we are under a winter storm warning for tomorrow afternoon thru wed morning.  I will post up some pics in a little bit.  I grew up on cubs, and as usual, I go back to a cub.  I will be hunting for a few items, complete headlight assembly, the upper casting/reach rod and rockshaft mount for the IH 3pt hitch and a rototiller before spring gets here.   Mike

• boyscout862, twostep, Dieselcubmike and 1 other said thanks

#2 ckjakline ONLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 06:51 PM

Congratulations on the 105.They are nice tractors.I also have one and i love it.

• larryd said thank you

#3 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Will be waiting pics Mike.  I will ask this jokingly and in good fun.  How long will you keep this one before you move on again?  Did you tell Vince and the others on the Cub site yet?  They will no doubtedly harass you about that.  Welcome back to the Cub world again Mike.

In case you aren't sure.  This is Chad B from over at the registry.

• larryd said thank you

#4 A.C.T. OFFLINE  

A.C.T.

Another Classic Tractor

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 11085
  • 2,363 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 08:43 PM

untitled picture.png

To Take A Picture!

imagesCAO00SNC.jpg

• larryd said thank you

#5 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 11:06 PM

Here is a pic that he sent me.  I got home in time to unload and head to class.  I will post over on the cub site eventualy, dont really feel like hearing from vince right now.  Being in school and no job makes tractor swapping much more difficult.  I grabbed this one as its close to the 125 I used to have and should have kept.  It needs nothing but a good bath and a few options as I can afford them.  The 518 needed much more that I was able to afford to keep it reliable to my the yards I am cutting.  Mike

cub_zps300856ce.jpg

• twostep and larryd have said thanks

#6 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 11:35 PM

Here is a pic that he sent me.  I got home in time to unload and head to class.  I will post over on the cub site eventualy, dont really feel like hearing from vince right now.  Being in school and no job makes tractor swapping much more difficult.  I grabbed this one as its close to the 125 I used to have and should have kept.  It needs nothing but a good bath and a few options as I can afford them.  The 518 needed much more that I was able to afford to keep it reliable to my the yards I am cutting.  Mike

cub_zps300856ce.jpg

Good score Mike.  That is definately a good looking 105.

• larryd said thank you

#7 larryd OFFLINE  

larryd
  • Member No: 15865
  • 724 Thanks
  • 1,058 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 05:53 AM

Looks good Mike .

larryd

#8 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 01:14 PM

Here is a new picture after I gave the 105 a needed bath, installed my chains and swapped the mower deck for the snow blade.  I adjusted the carb a bit as its a bit hard starting when cold.  You can tell it was rich from the smell while cranking. I need to clean up the glass fuel bowl and do some more degreasing around the engine, but it can wait for a warmer spring day.  I was just lucky the hose was unfroze so I could clean it up at all.  Both reflectors are original and uncracked.  The blade isnt pretty, needs sand blasted and repainted sometime soon.  Cheers   Mike

cubcadet_zps308f9eba.jpg

• twostep said thank you

#9 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,356 Thanks
  • 1,474 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 07:22 PM

Looks good Mike.  That blade ain't too bad.  I have seen worse, in fact the blade on my 100 was WAY worse than that one when I started fixing it.  The seat looks to be pretty decent on it as well.

#10 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 08:22 PM

I wish the seat pan looked as good as the seat cushion!!  Its destroyed, only looks good in the pic cause the seat holds it up. The fivberglass pan is broke all around the seat brackets.  Gotta find someone that does fiberglass work to see if it can be saved.   Mike

#11 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5951
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 08:23 PM

The seat looks to be pretty decent on it as well.

:ditto:  That seat is very nice. They are getting harder and harder to find in that condition.

• backwoods said thank you

#12 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • 557 Thanks
  • 538 posts

Posted March 05, 2013 - 09:19 PM

are there any other style pans that this cushion will fit?  the fiberglass pan is destroyed, it only looks good as there is not weight in it.  the cushion keeps the pan in place.  Its busted all the way around underneith,  I will take a pic tomorrow.  Mike

#13 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted March 06, 2013 - 08:17 AM

are there any other style pans that this cushion will fit? 

No. I don't think there is. That is a very special kind of seat. I usually end up taking them off and replacing them with something else when I buy a series of Cub Cadet that had that seat. I don't know, but I would almost think you could get enough out of that cushion and blue ring to get another seat.

#14 LTD OFFLINE  

LTD

Cub Cadet Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 1,028 Thanks
  • 1,455 posts

Posted March 12, 2013 - 10:54 AM

I don't know if you came across a seat yet but I found this one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a7f4b5c12