17 replies to this topic

#16 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted March 03, 2013 - 04:20 PM

If memory serves, the gaskets where .015".  If it was much thicker than that, you could have changed the distance between the pump piston outputs and the transfer block enough to allow the fluid to escape back into the pump housing.  

I've never had my poppets out, so I have no idea how many shims are in it.  Did you follow the assembly note that says "Be sure open ends of guide point outward."  

Not sure you should be able to feel the individual hydro motor pistons when you spin the wheel, but as long as there is more friction when you are in drive, the transmission should be working.

Here is what one of my manuals suggests for trouble shooting the T66X:

PROBLEM/FAILURE                                                     PROBABLE CAUSE

1. No output torque forward and reverse                 1A. Low on oil

1B. Tow valve in up position

1C. Input shaft key sheared/ missing

1D. Linkage off or broken

1E. Soft ride valve stuck

1F. Internal wear/damage

2. Momentary lack of output then power surge         2A. Soft ride valve stuck

3. Initial output OK but loses torque after running     3A. High pressure relief valve spring getting weak

3B. Refer to 1 A

3C. Oil temperature high due to overload or ineffectual cooling

3D. Water in oil

3E. Internal wear/damage

4. Output power less than original                           4A. Linkage out of adjustment

4B. Refer to 1 F

4C. Loss of engine power

Edited by New.Canadian.DB.Owner, March 03, 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#17 bissen83 OFFLINE  

bissen83
  • Member No: 29472
  • 4 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted March 04, 2013 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the info. Today i disassemly the transferblock, and replaced the o-rings. Im despetate right now, so i am trying everything to see if it helps. The gaskets could maybee be the problem, the gaskets i made were .024" I will try make som gaskets that are only .015". Hope this will help. And thanks for the help so far.

Thomas

• New.Canadian.DB.Owner said thank you

#18 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,224 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted April 21, 2013 - 06:27 AM

Have you got the Vickers running again yet?  If so, what was the problem?