1969 mf10

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 clark3251 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1240
  • 0 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted September 27, 2010 - 02:28 PM

I have a "new" 1969 MF10. It has the lift arm from the deck adjustment on back. I was wondering if you could use after market (category 0) three point hitch or had to find the original. I also would like to know if a "Haban Sickle-Mo"wer would work without much ,if any, fabricating?

#2 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted September 29, 2010 - 07:05 PM

It sounds like you have to rod and the upper lift arm already? Do you have two brackets that mount to the back of the frame and allow for the lower hitch to attach to the rear frame? (They will look like angle iron brackets bolted to the rear frame of the tractor.)

IF you have this stuff, and are missing just the lower "U" frame and the lift rod, these would be VERY easy to make and there are detailed measurements on line for them. (The originals are on Yahoogroups, but I think I may of posted them here as a .pdf myself.) If you have a photo of your tractor, I can tell better what you may be missing.

A Cat-0 can be done, but it will be big, and stick out quite a bit. Much of it depends on what you want to use it for. Most of the attachments that run Cat-0 are really too much to lift with the manual hitch. You could make it electric easy enough, but again, the sleeve hitch stuff is easy to find and designed (weight-wise) for the Massey better than Cat-0 stuff.

Oh, and someone JUST converted a Haban mower to fit a Massey over on MTF. I am not sure if he post's over here too, but he did a AMAZING job on it!