2 replies to this topic

#1 Petenpole OFFLINE  

Petenpole

• Contributor
  • Member No: 70
  • 145 Thanks
  • 149 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:32 AM

I have a snow cab for my tractor yet it is missing doors and the  seals /trim that goes around the hood.

So here is the favor I have

I would like for a member who has one on their tractor to take some photos in detail of the doors  how they are built, attached and theiir dimensions as welll as the seal  on the front of the cab  for me to review so I can build the same for mine.

I would also like to see some up close and detailed photos of how the cab is attached to the tractor.

Hopefully I will find out if I need to drill holes in the seat pan and fenders to attach the cab to the tractor.

By the time the first snow flys in November this year I hope to have a cozy cab on the tractor.

My wife has named the 48" snow blower on my 1855 the " Franken Blower" and with that monicker I need to take it to the next step.

Thank you in advanc3e

ps: If a great member needs my email address for fear of eating up too much space on this site let me know.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:46 AM

You will need to identify which cab you have. Pictues will help. I have several cabs and they are all different. The foam insulation for 1/2" pipes works good as a seal and to cushion joints. So far I haven't gotten to mount even one on a tractor but when the opportunity presented it self I grabbed them. They will make it nicer when blowing. There is one manual available here. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, March 02, 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#3 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hi Pete just giving you some ideas as this is what I've done with my homemade cabs.On the 1655 it was a cab off a MF 10 that I made fit onto the 1655.I used a inner tube and cut it to sort of follow the contour of the hood.The cab was mounted at the back with a piece of angle iron bolted thru the seat/fender pan. That was one of my first cabs.Now I do things way different,I use a Auto motive Car/Truck/Van door weather stripping,I try and get the metal cut within 1/2" away of the tractors hood etc: another thing that I use is old round Baler belting to fill in bigger gaps and then install the auto weather stripping onto it.It's a lot easier to cut and shape the baler belting then to cut and shape steel.Doing it the new way sure seals up the cab now.The doors on the tractors I've just used a stick on foam weather striping tape.Now when I make a cab I use auto motive weather stripping on the doors as well.Hope this helps with what ever you design for your cab.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• MF 1655 ready for snow 013 (Small).jpg
  • Digital camera pictures 220 (Small).jpg
  • shifter boots 001 (Small).jpg
  • Digital camera pictures 219 (Small).jpg
  • Rnager 500 doors 010 (Small).jpg

• JDBrian said thank you