• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 moemoe OFFLINE  

moemoe
  • Member No: 29087
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 12:49 AM

I need to know  how long the lift rod assembly is (part no. 14966-01). That way I can make one or if any one knows where i can get one at. Thanks

#2 jd.rasentrac OFFLINE  

jd.rasentrac

Admirer of DEERE enjoyneering and design!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10327
  • 4,448 Thanks
  • 3,996 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 03:59 AM

Hi moemoe, :welcome:

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 04:26 AM

Welcome to the forum! I haven't any info to help you. Just be patient, someone will be along that knows these machines.

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,806 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:04 AM

Welcome to GTT. Try the Gilson manuals that we have here. Good Luck, Rick

Try here:  http://gardentractor...&filter_key=all

Pictures and more info would help us help you. BTW The Ford YTs were made by Gilson and most parts interchange so check the Ford section too.

Edited by boyscout862, March 02, 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 07:10 AM

Welcome to GTT. Try the Gilson manuals that we have here. Good Luck, Rick

The manual doesn't give a length of the part.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#6 Sprint 6 OFFLINE  

Sprint 6
  • Member No: 30633
  • 164 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted March 16, 2013 - 05:05 PM

Unless someone beats me to it, I'll try to get measurements off of mine the next time I am in the barn.  I don't think it is completely straight and it has to be strong, that tiller is heavy and does not have good lift geometry.  Mine is manual lift, and that tiller will wear your arm out, pretty much takes both hands.

#7 Sprint 6 OFFLINE  

Sprint 6
  • 164 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted March 18, 2013 - 01:21 PM

The lift rod is roughly 38 1/4 inches from end to end.  It has to have a slide on the tractor side to allow the tiller to float.  It is reinforced at the tiller end.  It is not completely straight.  You will have to reverse the left rear wheel to provide clearance for the lift rod.

#8 turso OFFLINE  

turso
  • Member No: 35501
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 12, 2013 - 04:27 PM

hello I am new to this site

I have the same tractor and i am needing the lift rod to i am planning to make the rod Spirit 6 if you would could you tell me the length of the slide and the legth of the grove on the rod it  would help emencely i willbe able to duplicat it   thanks a bunch

#9 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,806 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted May 13, 2013 - 07:46 PM

hello I am new to this site

I have the same tractor and i am needing the lift rod to i am planning to make the rod Spirit 6 if you would could you tell me the length of the slide and the legth of the grove on the rod it  would help emencely i willbe able to duplicat it   thanks a bunch

Welcome to GTT. Enjoy the site and let us know abit about yourself and your tractors.

#10 turso OFFLINE  

turso
  • Member No: 35501
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 18, 2013 - 07:48 AM

About me....well i love to tinker with these tractors I have two,the Montgomery ward that i am asking about this one has a tiller attachment .when iI got the montgomery the 10 horse cast iron blockbriggs was rusted fast in side with much work taking off the head and a lot of PB Blasterfreed the engine. with other little odds and ends that needed done I got it running .I will use this one just for the tiller its good for tight places such as wooded aeras for making deer feeding plots and a sear GT5000 an 18 horse that I use quite often this one I have a cultivator,front blade,rear blade and disc,I made a ball hitch for it to pull all my trailors(I have 4) so it comes in pretty handy

Beleave it or not I got the wards tractor for hauling it off... my kind of price  lol

Now some about me.....I love to hunt and fish My wife and I like working on our yard which i do the hard lifting and such, she is the one that has the green thumb,

We have 2 great little grand childern a 2yr granddaughter and a 1yr  grandson they are the apples of our eyes.

I had a small blue grass gosple group and we sing mostly in nurseing homes near byand at churches when we are asked.

well enough about me thanks for letting me join the group

Spirit 6 I could use the measurement for the slide part of the lift for the wards tractor

#11 Sprint 6 OFFLINE  

Sprint 6
  • 164 Thanks
  • 217 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 05:29 PM

The slotted slide section is 5 inches long.