• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 07:02 PM

Stuff like this is the biggest reason I can think of for uploading the pics to a site like this instead of linking.

When they (PB) mess up the linking or users accidentally click the wrong thing, there will be lots of unreadable posts in forums all over the web.
  • Cat385B said thank you

#17 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 07:32 PM

I use PB for online backup, but not as much as I used to, as I have most of my tractor pics I can access here anyway.

#18 Arti ONLINE  

Arti
  • Member No: 11282
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 962 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Looks like they are heading down the path of social networking.. I'm probably going to resist that trend as long as possible.

#19 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:52 PM

Looks like they are heading down the path of social networking.. I'm probably going to resist that trend as long as possible.

When you decide to give in, call me. I can be your anti-social counselor. One day, I will figure out what possible use FaceBook has, and why people bother. Never has something so large and popular been so unappealing to me.

Edited by Cat385B, March 01, 2013 - 08:52 PM.
Removed unnacceptable political content.

• MH81 and Arti have said thanks

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 05:12 AM

When you decide to give in, call me. I can be your anti-social counselor. One day, I will figure out what possible use FaceBook has, and why people bother. Never has something so large and popular been so unappealing to me.

Cat, I feel the same way about Facebook. The NEOGTA uses that for all their online get togethers. I told them I wouldn't be there, they have to send me an e-mail about stuff.

#21 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 05:39 AM

I'm about done with PBS myself, I have nothing but problems uploading anything on there.

#22 TAHOE ONLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,484 Thanks
  • 4,943 posts

Posted March 02, 2013 - 11:59 AM

Noticed a week or so ago PHOTOBUCKET was telling me to "switch to the new"...I was thinking PB was going to MAKE everyone switch...I haven't looked at it in a few days.....Am I going to loose all my photos that are in PB?

No you won't lose any pictures, site is just harder to navigate and now it has become hard for me to just get pictures to come up on my work computer. I have about 2 hours of downtime at work waiting for things to dry so I can play on internet, this is when I surf my forums and post pics. I have a crappy comptuer and the new PB locks up my browser and sometimes entire computer. I personally like PB over attaching just cause pics are larger on my posts and I surf forums that do not have that functions. I also found when the few pics I have tried to attach on this forum using the attachment option, my high level security locks the page for some reason during pic upload, locks internet and I lose entire posting and have to start over. Not to mention, my security at works allows very few hosting sites to come up, PB is one of the few I can actually see pics with, all others get "websense" blocked.

I hope the change things, but may not happen. Upgrade does not =better. Case in point....Windows 7 to Windows 8, I will resist!

• KC9KAS said thank you