Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips and how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

1200 Super Chief

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 2,817 Thanks
  • 1,580 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 07:41 AM

We had gotten a 1200 Super Chief from our neighbors wife after hae had passed away. It is in great shape. We have had it for three years and it came with mower deck, dozer blade and single stage snow thrower. It runs and works verywell. For being 42 yrs old it runs great. The last two snowfalls have been very wet and heavy. I was very impressed tha it, if fed slowly, will handle the snow very well. Had to blow snow two times in the last week and at about 4-6" each time. I have a twostage Ford snowblower that I would like to adapt to it but it would take a lot og work to do so. The Jacobson uses a belt and the Ford uses a shaft to run it. I am sure that the two stage would clear it better.

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 6,169 Thanks
  • 6,741 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:04 AM

Sounds like a nice machine.

Have you got any pictures you could post?

#3 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 2,817 Thanks
  • 1,580 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:46 AM

I'll try but have had problems posting pics.sawmisc 100.JPG

• daytime dave and KennyP have said thanks

#4 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 619 Thanks
  • 755 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:53 AM

Shaft driven ford two stage? My ford two stage has a shaft. But, that staff is driven by a belt. You may want to take another look at it?

Joe

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 11,742 Thanks
  • 25,186 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 08:53 AM

That pics came through great! Thanks for posting it. If you have any more challenges with pics, let us know! Maybe we can help you out.

#6 hamman OFFLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 2,817 Thanks
  • 1,580 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 09:26 AM

I got the blower from my friends brother. He said he had the rest of it in the garge including the shaft. He passed away before we could get together to get the rest of teh blower and parts. I know it is different from the Jacobsen blower where it runs the blower itself. I was going to try to mount the blower on my Home lite but it again would take a lrge amount of fabrication. The blower will be going with a bunch of other junk this spring to the scrap yard. I've tried selling it but the cost of shipping is out of the guys reacha s well as paying for the blower.

• Rock farmer said thank you

#7 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 3,279 Thanks
  • 5,557 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 12:44 PM

That Jake looks like it's in very nice shape.  Thanks for the nice picture.  It's a good action shot.

• hamman said thank you

#8 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62

What, me worry?

• Member No: 42
  • 227 Thanks
  • 1,017 posts

Posted March 03, 2013 - 06:32 AM

THe blower you have is likely an LGT type blower....Your Jake is older, with a different drive setup.