16 replies to this topic

#16 Cat385B OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,337 Thanks
  • 8,683 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Forgot to mention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure the blades are straight before you put the deck under the tractor. Making sure the blades are straight before you try to level the deck is the difference between your neighbor thinking to himself "There's a man who takes pride in his lawn" or your neighbor thinking "I wonder if his family should start filling out the Involuntary Committal papers on that dude".

• justplainjoe said thank you

#17 justplainjoe OFFLINE  

• Member No: 29077
  • 13 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 15, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi Y'all,

The information provided by all you good people got me up and running, mowed my whole yard and driving up the drive I noticed leaking hydro fluid spots on the driveway.  I had heard a shrill noise like a bearing going dry but all the mower pulleys were running smooth.  I shut it down less than a minute or two and found a lot of fluid all over the Eaton unit. Also just prior to shutdown the tractor had really slowed in reverse and back into forward it had also slowed down but still moved.

Further inspection today of the reservoir showed no fluid. I have the rear cover / fenders / deck off and it looks as if the fluid leaked around the filler neck???

I purchased SAE 30 to service the unit and will try to see what happens but thought I would check with the EXPERTS before trying anything further.

Also as the grass was getting super high I decided to put off restoration till fall.

Also saw a JD 330 diesel advertised on CL for 850.00, looked to be clean enough to eat off of.  Checked back a minute ago and the posting had been deleted, I drug my feet too long.