• 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 10:56 PM

There is another woman in my bed

2013-02-27_22-36-55_853_zps586c4d48.jpg

She is totally wants me

2013-02-27_22-39-01_601_zpsf37e2317.jpg

Or at least my sandwich.

This is Carmel my baby. We got her from a rescue she was abused and underfed and had been in the rescue for over a year because no one would take her home.

The two boy dogs wanted to go back outside and play and Carmel wanted to stay in so she got a bath and is all clean now.

• daytime dave, MH81, Alc and 8 others have said thanks

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 10:59 PM

No matter how ornery a person you are, a dog will love you unconditionally if you love them.

:thumbs: on the successful rescue
  • HDWildBill, Team_Green and larryd have said thanks

#3 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 11:15 PM

Thank you William for getting a rescue dog.  I knew you were a good man.  Great dog. :thumbs:

• Team_Green and larryd have said thanks

#4 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 11:28 PM

There is another woman in my bed

2013-02-27_22-36-55_853_zps586c4d48.jpg

She is totally wants me

2013-02-27_22-39-01_601_zpsf37e2317.jpg

Or at least my sandwich.

This is Carmel my baby. We got her from a rescue she was abused and underfed and had been in the rescue for over a year because no one would take her home.

The two boy dogs wanted to go back outside and play and Carmel wanted to stay in so she got a bath and is all clean now.

She has her eyes on the prize...

• larryd said thank you

#5 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 12:53 AM

From a "Cat Guy" to a "Dog Guy", thanks for thinking rescue! 

• Lmiller3358 said thank you

#6 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,776 Thanks
  • 7,706 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 02:54 AM

Harold we have a couple of cats too, both sort of  rescues.

Bug was found in a guys engine compartment. I honestly don't think she was much over a month old when we got her.

2012-10-15_15-10-11_203.jpg

Shadow was a surprise gift to a friend who didn't know his female cat  got out of the house two weeks before she was scheduled to be fixed. They couldn't keep the kittens so once they were weaned and no one would take them they were headed to the shelter. All but Shadow found homes. I held off taking her home, but I am glad I did.

2012-10-12_18-39-04_115.jpg

Our other two dogs are quasi rescues.

Diesels momma

73570_484135049738_2525106_n.jpg

was headed to the shelter because she was eating her way through a 3 million dollar house on Lake Norman. She chewed through a pillar in the living room one night and the wife had to cry and plead with her husband to not shoot her. We brought her home ( she was supposedly fixed) and a little while later a stray came around to visit that I would guess was a German shepherd wolf mix - I say that because we had a Shephard/wolf hybrid up until I was 14) She presented us with a litter of large puppies and we found great homes for all of them but Diesel who my wife fell in love with. The momma dog eventually wound up on a sheep farm in Winston Salem. As a full blood Great Pyrenees she is in heaven.

Somehow he looks retarded in every photo of him

535886_591686654911_1962669119_n.jpg

Red showed up about 4 weeks ago about to starve to death and wanting someone to love him. He followed my wife around all day and when I came home he greeted me in the yard and came in the house with me. Vet said he is just a pup, probably 9 months to a year old.  No one claimed him so he is our new buddy. HE still has to learn some manners, but he is almost completely housebroken. He is still a bit camera shy.

395735_591276172521_1815336615_n.jpg

All the dogs and cats love Heath. Shadow will go find him if he cries. He picks both cats up by their hair and they just purr. We were very watchful of Red the first couple of weeks but he lets Heath crawl right over him and doesn't care.

They all live together is harmony.

Sorta

379267_592446716741_1678063565_n.jpg

And to round out the menagerie we have

Hobo the blue tailed skink that we found in a roll of carpet. He has no blue tail because he is mature. Most don't live long enough for that. HE is 2 1/2 now

Hobo.jpg

And a gerbil that I despise, but who refuses to die. I am tempted to give her to the cats. Little demonic thing serves no purpose and bites anyone that gets near it. Seems happy to be in the shredded paper in her cage. When she finally kicks off we are getting more rats. They are the perfect pet - loving,smart, easy to care for, social, and fun to watch.

Yes we have a bunch of pets, but they can make a bad day a lot better. They are great judges of character - except for the gerbil who hates the world - and i fear for the life of anyone who ever messes with Heath or Steph. Although I have a feeling that if someone attacked me they would sit back and see if I am as tough as I have told them I am.

It is funny how they know who is in charge. Within two days of being here Red knew I was the boss and Steph was a pushover.

Well that is long enough - but I can't sleep.

Edited by mybigwarwagon, February 28, 2013 - 03:03 AM.

• olcowhand, daytime dave and HDWildBill have said thanks

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 04:42 AM

Quite the zoo you have there! Glad you could give them a good home!

#8 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 04:44 AM

Well I sleep with a blond, brunette, and a redhead, every night. My little Pomeranian thinks I'm her Daddy!

#9 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 06:12 AM

Nice bunch of furry friends you have there uncle Willy! We have 2 cats and 2 dogs and they get along pretty well! It would be kinda lonely here without them. 

#10 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,712 Thanks
  • 8,564 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:20 AM

Good for you Willy, rescuing all those animals! We got Buster in a similar way as you got Red.  I was out working in the yard about 2 years ago and our other dogs started going nut's.  I saw a couple of strays out by the road and then out of the drainage ditch came Buster.  The other dogs stayed out by the road and kept moving on, Buster came right over to me and sat down beside me and never left.  All of ours are rescues.  

#11 superaben OFFLINE  

superaben
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 11204
  • 7,664 Thanks
  • 5,677 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:30 AM

That girl in your bed is cute.  Your wife really should be jealous.

We have a black lab, Kathie, and a black cat, Maggie.  The twain shall never meet in peace.

Ben W.

• HDWildBill said thank you

#12 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,504 Thanks
  • 4,955 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 10:22 AM

No matter how ornery a person you are, a dog will love you unconditionally if you love them.

:thumbs: on the successful rescue

Yea....lock your wife and your dog in the barn for an hour....see who is happy to see you when you let them out :smilewink:

Man, I thought we had a zoo. I'll have to post pics off all our dogs, cat, rabbits, goats, lizards, turtles, etc sometime

#13 Team_Green OFFLINE  

Team_Green
  • Member No: 10410
  • 2,211 Thanks
  • 2,305 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 10:31 AM

All i can tell you is YES wives do get jealous of the companion that follows us guys around. My wife is VERY jealous of my lab.. Kona.. She is my girl 100 percent. Ohh well.. i assume my wife will out live my dog..  Then my wife can have me all to herself and Grant..

#14 Michiganmobileman OFFLINE  

Michiganmobileman

Old Tractor Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5678
  • 1,235 Thanks
  • 1,842 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 01:41 PM

You know Uncle WIllie for a big gruff looking guy you sure seem to have a soft heart :thumbs: .  Kudos to you for the rescues and the home you provide for your pets.  We love our Millie, she sleeps on the bed with us, sometimes in the bed if its cold enough.

#15 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 07:20 PM

All of our dogs & cats were either a stray that showed up, or rescued from owners wanting rid of them.  2 house dogs, one part chijuajua, one part Yorky.  Baby, our outside dog showed up on our doorstep one morning when I went to milk.  Didn't have the heart to take her to the pound.  Momma Cat (simple name) showed up as a drop off also.  She gave birth to a litter, which we still have her son "Tommy" when he decides to come home to visit.  Momma Cat got fixed, and is fat as a pig.  Rat/mouse killer supreme!

On a farm, one doesn't have to go look for a pet....they find you.