• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bigdaddy198 OFFLINE  

bigdaddy198
  • Member No: 27851
  • 36 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 06:38 PM

I have a good friend of mine who had 7 of the old speed ex tractors but they all hand a single stick for steering he got them when his dad passed away I asked him about them but he did not have a clue as to the value of them only 2 ran but the chassis and transmissions and rear ends were all still intact I thought they were very cool but he has no Idea if they are worth anything. Oh just thought I would ask I will get some pics so you guys can give me a honest opinion. Thanks

#2 refracman OFFLINE  

refracman
  • Member No: 10428
  • 41 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 08:05 PM

Condition and completeness are topmost then location. I bought a 1952 M-19 lever steer complete, wrong front rims, frame restored that the engine hadn't run in at least 5yrs for 200, I considered it nonrunning and bartered as such.

A nice complete can go from 250 to 500.

Speedex's are not highly sought after so location comes into play as to those who want one.

The biggest area of Speedex collectors I think are in the mid east Ohio area where the were made.

Post some pics and it will help on pricing.

• bigdaddy198 said thank you

#3 bigdaddy198 OFFLINE  

bigdaddy198
  • Member No: 27851
  • 36 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Well that would make sense his Dad lived his whole life in Mansfield Ohio thats about right on top of where they were made I know my buddy has 4 or 5 left I am going to talk him out of one just so I can say I got one by God besides that they may become a collectors Item one Day thanks .