Here it is with my spacers added and the pivot pin in place. I ran into a problem here. The 7/8ths bar and the 7/8ths portion of the step bit are a little askew. So I had to bust out my farmers lathe (no offense to those hard working folks intended), an angle grinder with a sanding disk on it. Clamped it in the vise and slowly sanded it down 'til it fit. I have a friend who is a pig farmer and he has a lathe, so I'll ask him to turn a piece down for me.
Here you can see the addition of my spacer increased the surface area the pin will pivot on from 1/8th to 3/8ths. I think that will work better.
Here I am starting the bucket arms. Just kidding. I thought I would mock things up in wood before cutting into steel I actually had to pay for. I'm not happy with how far out this puts the bucket. So I sent a picture to a friend who, off the cuff remarked "try a compound angle" for the loader arms.
Half a dozen cuts later I came up with this. 22.5 degrees, was the angle I thought worked best.
I get good height, good clearance on the winch and moves the bucket eight inches closer to the front of my GT.
I was less than prepared to drill a hole in a spruce 2 x 4 today. All three of my cordless drill batteries were dead. My 3/8ths power drill doesn't work anymore (did the last time I used it). So I had to dig out my older 1/2 inch chuck B&D. Needless to say it got the job done, but if it didn't I had one more fall back, my Grandpa's really old B&D 3/8ths, single direction, single speed (fast!), electric drill. It still works well . . . when I need it. It's like our old GTs built right!
That's all I got done today. More to follow tomorrow.
Thanks for having a look.
Edited by Watchdog, March 16, 2013 - 10:49 PM.