I got started with assessing what the tractor has to work with.
This mounting plate has four threaded holes and a fifth that isn't threaded. I've been told this is where the factory snow blower would attach. It's definitely a solid starting point.
I made a template of it by placing a piece of cardboard in front of the mounting plate and tapping around the edge of it with a small ball pein hammer.
Then I chased the threaded holes out with a tap.
This piece I picked up to fill in the ends of the bucket. Hopefully you can see the profile I traced out on it. It gives me an opening of 15 3/4 inches and makes the bucket more than 14 inches deep. The overall length will be 36 inches. Not a big bucket by any means, but should help keep me from overloading the old tractor.
I also made a bracket that fits in the front deck mount of the tractor to act as additional bracing. A friend dropped by and distracted me from taking a picture, so I'll have to add it later. From that point on, I really didn't make any progress other than coming up with a plan of what to do next.
Sorry for the lack of progress. More to follow soon.
Thanks for looking.
Edited by Watchdog, March 03, 2013 - 07:21 PM.