26 replies to this topic

#16 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well it is still snowing here. Got home about 5:30 and got my Buick stuck. Got the tractor out and started cleaning up so I could get it out. Finally got it out and went to cleaning out the rest. Had 2 ft drifts along the lane that I had cleared this morning.
Finally got to the house at 7:00 and am quitting for the day. Guess it will be another morning of up at 5:30 to see if I need to get the tractor out.
Lyall: I too was late for work by about 45 minutes.
  • lyall and boyscout862 have said thanks

#17 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:08 PM

We ended up with 10 inches over two days!  Wet heavy & hard to push!   :(

HPIM2647 (Custom).JPG

HPIM2648 (Custom).JPG

I'm running short of room to pile it!  The piles in the pics are 6' high now!  ~~  Lowell

Edited by grnspot110, February 27, 2013 - 09:11 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#18 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 09:15 PM

if we get anymore ill have to get the 4020 and scoop the pile that i have and move them . im out of room after today and its still snowing . 

#19 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 11:19 AM

It quit snowing some time through the night. No accumulation to speak of so I did not have to do anything before I went to work.

I'll try to get everything pushed back this weekend, so I have a place for the next snow.

They are predicting that one for Monday through Tuesday?

#20 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 07:40 PM

What Storm?  Northern IN got slushy freezing snow showers and then rain for two days!  Right now is quiet and pretty dry, almost all snow is gone, cept bank left-overs and they are real small!  Musta went right by?  Ha!  Winter seems to pass North and South of us and waits till Ohio line to Dump the snow or have the Tornados and such. Must be why not many Cities in NWest Ohio??

#21 Gary400 OFFLINE  

Gary400

JD,junkie

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2316
  • 225 Thanks
  • 768 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 10:28 PM

snowing here again , suppose to get another 7" Monday  :ah_shoot:  

#22 marlboro180 OFFLINE  

marlboro180
  • Member No: 10710
  • 634 Thanks
  • 954 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 10:36 PM

Hey Grumpy, I think we got yer snow up here just N. of Milwaukee, nice 10" of the heaviest snow I have plowed in years.

#23 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 28, 2013 - 11:34 PM

Ah, you Mid West guys are just braggin' to make us rain soaked Easterners jealous!  Being an "elderly flatulant" I remember the days when winters like this were totally expected, accepted, endured, dealt with and we waited without generators for the next one with candles, oil lamps and smart battery radios at the ready.  Global Warming sucks, I'm going to sue the entire solar system and a couple volcanoes!:D

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#24 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,421 Thanks
  • 39,670 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 05:08 AM

HH, I too, remember spending time with just an oil lamp for light (besides the fire in the fireplace). Lots of snow in the winter to go sledding. Can I join in your lawsuit?

#25 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 05:17 PM

My father built houses so, he had a generator going back to 1951. It gave us a few lights and the furnace or the refridge. I have a bunch of generators(they are as adictive as tractors). Everyone here should have a generator for their home. You can find them for under a hundred dollars that need their carbs cleanned. Good Luck, Rick

#26 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,292 Thanks
  • 2,395 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 05:42 PM

We were fortunate, our power very seldom went out!  We had LP heat & early on, an LP refrigerator.  In the 1950's & 60's we did get snowed in sometimes, but still had to milk cows & feed twice a day no matter what!  I do have a generator now, was thinking of mounting one on one of my garden tractors a few years ago, A local mower shop owner offered me a portable generator that he had used for camping.  When an ice storm was predicted, it wasn't hard to talk the wife into buying it!    :D  Don't use it often, but it comes in handy at times!  ~~  Lowell

#27 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted March 01, 2013 - 09:06 PM

Ah, you Mid West guys are just braggin' to make us rain soaked Easterners jealous!  Being an "elderly flatulant" I remember the days when winters like this were totally expected, accepted, endured, dealt with and we waited without generators for the next one with candles, oil lamps and smart battery radios at the ready.  Global Warming sucks, I'm going to sue the entire solar system and a couple volcanoes!:D

Yeah your right!! But since it is adding 3 hrs of work to every day,I am going to complain Just the same!!
This morning I was tempted to rip another page off my calendar and rush spring by skipping to April.
Probably would make no difference, but a guy can hope?