Auger Belt Conumdrum

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldtimer OFFLINE  

• Member No: 10588
  • 374 Thanks
  • 339 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 05:54 PM

There are a few threads online regarding blet problems with Serars, Husqvarna, John Deer, ayp, etc, etc  and other snow blower attachments throwing auger belts or breaking them. I've had the same poblem and had a guy fab a belt guide that seemed to work.  Now....... I went to Agri-Fab's Speedepart.com site and saw that they post the belt info thusly :   " part  # 478846 - belt, 5.8" X 114.24"

( DAYCO)  I poked around on the web and found that the Dayco part # is B 111 K .  Went to the Dayco site,and they say that it's a Kevlar belt, but 114" long, instead of 114.25".  Now I know that .25" shouldn't mean much, especially when a clutch type pulley is involved. I'm just wondering WHY the discrepancy ??  The blet is said to fit quite a number of tractorss/ snowblower attachmentsAs i siad, there a few threads about  this online.  Seems to me that the OEM could make it easier for everyone.    Thnaks for lettting me rave.  Have a good 'un !! :wave:

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,520 Thanks
  • 7,382 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 06:35 PM

They don't want it easier for you. They want you to have to by from them or give up and buy a new blower.

Edited by boyscout862, February 26, 2013 - 06:38 PM.