• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 07:13 PM

Thankyou KennyP I am new to this forum and have a Ford LT100 with a 42 inch deck.The manual for the 09JC9835 dec k is great but I can not figure out how to drop the deck.I also cannot upload parts list as I need to get main drive belt and belt for outside blades..                            Thankyou again for a great site. 

Welcome to the forum! I'm still playing catch up after being offline since 6/3! If no one else answers your question, I'll get back to you!

#17 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • Member No: 20120
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:52 PM

First off I need clarification.

Did you say LT100, not LGT100?

I found a picture of the LT100, and it looks to be the same model as my LT75, with a bigger engine.

The lgt system releases the deck on the front support brackets for the deck. There is a small lever on the right side front bracket.

My LT75 (should be similar to a lt100) releases the deck at the rear mower lift brackets. there is a small lever on the left side rear bracket, viewed from the rear. The levers are on the mower deck itself, not on the support linkage. Don't mistake it for the deck belt tension release.

For both , my procedure is park and level ground,

for the LT75, lower deck fully, push release  lever down, push deck forward to disengage mower deck brackets., disengage deck belt tension,( lever close to mower deck latch) remove belt from front pulley, lift mower lift linkage to top and pull deck out from underneath. and some cursing is involved.

For the LGT 100. lower the deck, yada, yada, lift the lever up, and move the deck backwards or drive the tractor forwards. lift the lift linkage, disengage belt and remove the deck. and some cursing is involved.

Edited by Chopperhed, June 17, 2013 - 08:55 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#18 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 08:58 PM

• Does it look like this one

http://www.antiquetr...gphotos/900.jpg

I zoomed it in and that one has a huge deck,

my LT75 has a smaller 42 ( I think)

Edited by Chopperhed, June 17, 2013 - 09:34 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#19 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 03:09 AM

First off I need clarification.

For the LGT 100. lower the deck, yada, yada, lift the lever up, and move the deck backwards or drive the tractor forwards. lift the lift linkage, disengage belt and remove the deck. and some cursing is involved.

Should not be any cursing ?? These decks come off and go on like a dream !! Make sure you turn the steering full left so the front mounts don't catch on the way out , and be sure the hieght gage is set at the lowest hole.
When installing do the same thing, just before you slide the deck forward to lock it on the llift frame lift the deck gauge lever up a few holes so it easily finds the lift frame bar in the rear, latch the front on and slip on the belt, easy peasy and takes less than a minute.
  • Chopperhed said thank you

#20 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 05:29 AM

I have to pull mine here soon. No sense leaving it on with the engine blown!

#21 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 06:36 AM

WHAT! You blew up the engine in your LGT165? How did this happen ?

#22 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,394 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 07:13 AM

WHAT! You blew up the engine in your LGT165? How did this happen ?

Just mowing along, Keith! Started bogging down, suddenly made a 'skreech/clunk' and the crank slowly came to a stop. It was full of oil, so I guess the rod gave out. No oil leaks anywhere, so I think the block is okay. I'll get into it before long to see what happened!

#23 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 07:26 AM

DOH!!! Well they are easy to get parts for anyway. Sorry to hear this, but if it were myself (evil laugh ) I'd dieselize it !!

#24 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 07:06 PM

Should not be any cursing ?? These decks come off and go on like a dream !! Make sure you turn the steering full left so the front mounts don't catch on the way out , and be sure the hieght gage is set at the lowest hole.
When installing do the same thing, just before you slide the deck forward to lock it on the llift frame lift the deck gauge lever up a few holes so it easily finds the lift frame bar in the rear, latch the front on and slip on the belt, easy peasy and takes less than a minute.

It was my first time and I was on uneven terrain. Didn't know about having the wheels turned, And the LT75 latches in the rear.

Most of the cursing was because I had to manhandle the deck back and forth under the tractor to get things lined up to mount it.

I've never tried to mount the LGT100 deck, since I can't mow with it, too big. It did come off fairly easy once I got the latch to move.

I used to run an old case 444, and I could drive up over the deck, , hook up and go, I haven't tried it with the LGT, but I can't do it with the LT

#25 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,405 Thanks
  • 3,155 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 07:27 PM

I have no idea about the LT decks , actually never saw one . I love my LGTs and the way the decks roll with all the rollers on them they now incredible!! Just make sure the spindles are straight and blades are sharp. Your lawn will look like a carpet.

#26 Chopperhed OFFLINE  

Chopperhed
  • 1,852 Thanks
  • 1,071 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have no idea about the LT decks , actually never saw one . I love my LGTs and the way the decks roll with all the rollers on them they now incredible!! Just make sure the spindles are straight and blades are sharp. Your lawn will look like a carpet.

My LGT deck is going to a member here. I'm mowing a small yard so the LT is a good size for that.

The LGt has a pto tiller. I 'll use it for tilling.