#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,628 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 10:55 AM

After quite a few years of not running I am finally this summer going to get my dad's T-16 H running. I had been looking for a good repacement motor for it. I bought one from a guy on another forum and we are going to put it in this spring. I was also looking for a rear lift kit. I bought a T-16 H in MO and got it back and removed the lift kit and put it in mine. I found a sleeve hitch for it and have had a rear tiller for about 18 yrs. Now after having the tractor for 20 yrs I will have all the attachments I want for it except a revitalizer. DOn't mean to ramble but it has been a long winter and my health is starting to improve to the point that I can start yo enjoy working on it again. I will try to post some pics later.

• Texas Deere and Horse, KennyP, JDBrian and 1 other said thanks

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:06 AM

It's nice to have the attachments you need for a vintage tractor. I don't know what a revitalizer is but it sounds like a good thing to have!

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,440 Thanks
  • 39,678 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:24 AM

I'll bite and follow along. It'll be nice to see something different being worked on!

• hamman said thank you

#4 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:34 AM

I believe this is a Revitalizer, I think they were a De-thatcher.

pg_3-4_small.jpg

• hamman and boyscout862 have said thanks

#5 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,628 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 11:45 AM

Yup that is the revitalizer. I had a deal going for one out of state but we couldn't afford the shipping. We were going to trade even up for a rear tiller I had. Hope I can get one in the future. I was going to fully restore my dad's tractor but lately I have been thinking about leaving it as it is. In its " working clothes" as they say. i like a working piece of history. We have a 1942 Allis Chalmer WC on rear steel that  we are working on also. We were going to completely restore it but have decided that it will be as it is in its "working clothes". I will get it done , it will be a slow process and I will post some pics as it goes along.

#6 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,723 Thanks
  • 8,906 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 12:37 PM

Roger, I'm looking forward to following along on this one. Got me a chair in the front row.

I passed on a Revitalizer (that was orange anyways) last fall. It would of been a grand total of $325 between the Ebay auction and shipping.

I'm still in the same boat as before. Still missing the roller, cart, bagger hood, and revitalizer from this pic.

pg_6_small.jpg

• hamman said thank you

#7 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,628 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 02:51 PM

Hey CAT, been a while since I have been on here. Got the desire to get back into fixing up the tractor. I picked up two more t-16h in the last year or so. Probably going to use the parts from one to fix dad's and then get the other running. Going to take a while. Not as spry as I was a couple of years ago. I will keep you guys up on the progress.

• Cat385B said thank you

#8 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

• Contributor
  • 5,628 Thanks
  • 2,583 posts

Posted February 27, 2013 - 05:19 PM

Was out in the cold garage today gathering up pieces of the real lift and seeing what I needed to do with it. When I removed the lift linkage from the parts tractor I had to saw the original rod in to because it had rusted due to not being used. It is stuck in the linkage and I had tried heat and oil last year to no avil. I have it in the heated garage and am going to try to get it apart without freezing my hands. I may have to drill a hole in it and put some oil in it to loosen it up. I plan on putting a zerk fitting in it after I get it working properly. I was talking to a gentleman at a tractor show last year who had aproblem like this and he said he took a dremel tool and cut a small groove around the rod, lengthwise, in the area where it was inside a tube and then put a zerk fitting in it to grease it and it works great. As soon as it warms up I will take the original Briggs out and replace it with one I got from a guy on the other forum. Same motor about a year newer. I am trying to post a picture of the lift kit don't know if it will post though. More later.