• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 undertaker OFFLINE  

undertaker
  • Member No: 11394
  • 67 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 03:21 PM

I am driving to Orlando, Florida in a couple of weeks and I was hoping to come back with some tires for my Copar. I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction regarding finding a place either in Orlando or along the way to find some Ag tires 8X16 for my T102 or some 23X9.5 X 12 ribbed tires that I could use for my other GTs (Pulling). I will be taking I 81 to I 77 thru Charlotte to the I 95. Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails

• l 037.jpg
  • l 042.jpg

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 03:31 PM

You looking for new or used?  Tucker Tire in Tennessee has these 8x16 listed on ebay:  http://www.ebay.com/...=item35c4a0c9ce

• undertaker said thank you

#3 undertaker OFFLINE  

undertaker
  • 67 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 03:41 PM

Probably new, but if I can find something used that is good I might go that way. Those look like BKT tires I am not sure I like the pattern of the rib, thanks for posting I appreciate it.

#4 Amigatec OFFLINE  

Amigatec

Collector of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5899
  • 2,023 Thanks
  • 3,172 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 04:57 PM

I have BKT's on the DB, they have a really tall lug and dig great.

#5 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 05:23 PM

Undertaker, I just called a place thats somewhat new that opened up near me.  About 15min down the road in Monroe NC.  They are called the Tire Peddler.  Division of the Iron Peddler heavy equipment dealer.  They dont usually keep anything this small, but can be ordered and is usually in the next day.  He named 4 brands, GoodYear, Carlise, Powerking, and Otani??.  He said they would range from $125 up to $175 depending on the manufacturer.  He doesnt have anything in that 9.50x12 size you asked about. 

Give Nick at the Tire Peddlers a call at 704-289-8591.  Hes a pretty straight shooter.  Said there is a very minimum charge on freight, like $1.50/tire if picked up at their store, and they hardly even mark up the price on tubes.  $15 to mount each. 

Also, if you are coming that close to my house, I might actually could use your services to bring something back from Orlando if you had room, and if I had the money at the time of your trip.  Ive found a front blade for my Ford diesel, and I have been looking for a ride for it.  Let me know your thoughts on that. Its not a big deal to me at all.  I dont really need it, but would like it since its rare. 

#6 undertaker OFFLINE  

undertaker
  • 67 Thanks
  • 107 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for the number I don't know if I would have room for the blade I am taking my Van, it is a full size chev but it will have two adults and four teenage kids in it....it was going take some talking to get some tires in there for the trip home....though you never know I may see something I like and have to hook up a trailer when i get to Orlando and bring back a load. Thanks again. i'll message you if I do something crazy like that.

#7 mowinman2 OFFLINE  

mowinman2

Always on the Hunt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 5587
  • 197 Thanks
  • 243 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 08:11 PM

Sure no problem!  Keep me in mind, if you think you might have room.  It has been separated from the frame so its probably not as big as you are thinking.  It comes with some chains, and wheel weights, which you could keep if you wanted them. I have no need for them.  BUT, I understand 4 teenagers dont always pack lightly.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo 5 (4).JPG
  • photo 3 (3).JPG
  • photo 4 (3).JPG

#8 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted March 13, 2013 - 08:14 PM

Sounds like you're already gone through.  You could always take a detour through Pittsburgh to this place... or order online. http://www.bruttspecialtytires.com

• undertaker and suburban 12 have said thanks