• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,413 Thanks
  • 4,879 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 04:25 PM

Boxers dumb ? Lol I could not agree more.
A few years ago I was over a friends who owns 2 boxers. I took a few dozen fresh clams for him and I to eat. Well guess who ate many of the shells ? Yep, his two boxers. We opened them in the garage and tossed the shells in a 5 gallon bucket. Stupid was leaving the doors open. Good thing they were cherry stones. He called his Vet and he suggested to keep a close eye on them to make sure they "pass" they did.

Yep pretty dumb, but makes for plenty of entertainment!

• oldedeeres said thank you

#17 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,638 Thanks
  • 28,300 posts

Posted February 25, 2013 - 06:19 PM

I love eggs for breakfast. Unfortunately my doctor doesn't like me eating them. I think if someone put green eggs in my refrigerator my doctor and I could be friends again. They are probably good tasting but the green part sounds a little scary.

Chris, I eat a lot of eggs, just watch how many yolks you eat. Ask your Doc, volunteer to remove 2/3 of the yolks and see what he says.

I have found that leaving one in 4 or one in 3 is enough yolk for flavoring and some color.

My FIL is allergic to Yolks and I make Deviled Eggs for him every Thanksgiving. I throw the yolks out, use about a quarter of the whites, some mustard, some Miracle Whip and some food coloring. I can get close to taste and he can enjoy them.
  • boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

• Member No: 14008
  • 5,509 Thanks
  • 3,063 posts

Posted February 26, 2013 - 06:41 PM

Every year we get 50 meat chicks( cornsh giant crosses) and butcher in the fall. The laying hens are a mix, I got 20 leghorns, 10 ISA browns and 10 columbians last spring and have been averaging 30 eggs a day all winter. We got the peepers in May and they started laying in Nov. which is pretty good considering the hen house is not heated, just well insulated. We charge $2.00 a dozen and can sell everything we don't eat ourselves. The dogs get scrambled eggs mixed in with their dogfood pretty often as well. Just don't give them too many or they'll gas you out of the house!

• TAHOE said thank you