Yesterday Dad and I took a field trip to to North Carolina to buy our Farmall Cub a new toy, specifically, and plow. Now before I tell you about a run of the mill moldboard plow, I will tell you this... it ain't a moldboard plow LOL. Now that I got you guys curious as to what I bought, I will tell you that it is a model 152 belly mounted disk plow for a Farmall Cub. We bought it off of ebay and took the trip. It was unclear if the plow had the original lift clevis with it or not, and upon arrival, we found that the seller had no clue about the special clevis (understandable, only learn that from a manual like I downloaded). The seller runs a business and parts out Farmall Cubs and consequently, had about 12 Cubs in varying conditions out back of the shop. I was the one that decided it was worth the walk around to check every Cub rockshaft in the yard for that clevis (just in case it was there). By the tenth Cub I was resolving myself that I might be wrong. On the last two Dad and I looked at, we found the special clevis! And for $15 more it was ours (well worth it). So now we had the complete plow with all the components it and headed home.
Today we mounted the plow to the 1954 Farmall Cub we bought it for (the family tractor). The manual states that you must use the mounting pads off of the drawbar to mount the plow to the final drives. However, a couple months ago I had scored a couple of extra Farmall Cub drawbars at the scrap yard, so we took the plates off of one of those. Mounting the plow was going well, until Dad went to snug the last bolt in the final drive. All the years of use and one mounting hole stripped out. So now the next project... helicoil. Ah well, all was not lost, took a 4 foot shot with the plow and it turned over dirt. Now to get the Cub's maintenance in check again before plow day. On to a picture (which is on my Iphone, so it will be the next post.