Garden Tractor Forums banner

K-121 Kohler..

3K views 37 replies 9 participants last post by  olcowhand 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I was looking around at some of my treasures and found this Kohler K-121. I didn't know that Kohler made a K-121. I don't know where I got it and I don't have any idea what it was originally on. I thought it was neat that is has 2 exhaust ports to get you the option of how to direct the exhaust away.

Motor vehicle Wood Automotive tire Gas Automotive wheel system
View attachment 60491 Font Gas Wood Signage Number

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sorry, I hit post instead of attach, then I had to edit. Been a long day.

The engine also had electronic ignition from the 70's I think. It looks just like the ignition my 1971 WH Bronco had on it.

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have found out thru another member that these engines were manufactured for the G. H. Tennant Company.

Web search came up with this,

Founded in 1870 by George H. Tennant, Tennant Company began as a one-man woodworking business, evolved into a successful wood flooring and wood products company, and eventually into a manufacturer of floor cleaning equipment. Throughout its history, Tennant has remained focused on advancing its industry by aggressively pursuing new technologies and creating a culture that celebrates innovation. Today, Tennant is a global leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions that help create a cleaner, safer, healthier world.

history-image.png

#10 ·
That's a neat find, Brian. Now you even have a .pdf for it and a bit of history. Hope you can get it running!

#16 ·
I got her apart and it's in rough shape, but maybe I can save it. I will post some pictures later. The crankcase had water in it and the bore is pretty rough.
You can save it no matter what. Sleeve it, grind the crank, new seats....all can be redone. Just bust out some of that rusty money & get it done!

#24 ·
Daniel, The wrist pin is .625" (5/8") DIA., and center of pin is 1.3125" (1 5/16"). 1st and 2nd rings measure .0935" and the Oil ring is .187" and is a one piece ring.
Bore is exactly the same at 2 5/8". Wrist pin identical at .625. Problem is, the TEC wrist pin is centered only approximately 1.150" from the top of the piston, so the piston would like about .1625" from reaching the top of the cylinder. You possibly could overcome much or all of that by shaving the head and milling pockets deeper for the valves. Rings don't matter, as you'd simply use the correct rings for the HH60 piston.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.