Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Found one hiding in the weeds in plain sight.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 c50ge OFFLINE  

c50ge
  • Member No: 10676
  • 11 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 29, 2012 - 11:22 PM

Jacobsen G10 Tractor with Large tow behind spreader. $900 close to Rochester NY
585-703-5988

Posted Image

Mine is stretched out to fit a transfer case to slow the machine down. They are designed to run 40 mph in high gear. The rear end was changed in mine but the rear end had more of a hi-way gear so it could run as fast as 65mph in high gear with out the low range of the transfer case.

c50ge greg

#32 c50ge OFFLINE  

c50ge
  • Member No: 10676
  • 11 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 27, 2012 - 11:16 PM

Why don't you just sell everything you own and buy the property. Just like the story in the Bible.
Matthew 13:44

Edited by c50ge, November 28, 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#33 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted November 28, 2012 - 07:05 AM

Why don't you just sell everything you own and buy the property. Just like the story in the Bible.

Have you got more pics of that Jake? That's pretty cool.

#34 Guest_rat88_*

Guest_rat88_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted November 28, 2012 - 08:34 AM

If you do get a chance to buy this thing, you are gonna need a dozer to get it out of the ruts. Tires are gonna be trashed and tube probably wont hold air. The rears are the old suicide rims and about $40 each just to fix a flat. these things are heavy as hell too.
I bought an F10 about 6 years ago with a locked engine. it took 2 hours to get it on the trailer

#35 AdAblurr OFFLINE  

AdAblurr
  • Member No: 70613
  • 4 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 02:26 PM

I bought one in Farmington, MO. I will have a lot of fun with this one! Mine has a three point hitchattachicon.gifjacobsen 001.jpg

Greg, would you mind sharing what tire and rim size(s) you have on your G-10 Jacomben?

My hubby just brought one home, pretty much all original. Old style spilt-rim duals on the rear end (8 lug Dana 60 rear end) and an ag-type 4 hole straight rim on front. Two of the four tires for rear are wasted, by previous owner forcing it through a gate that was not as wide as the tractor :(

We would like to find a three-point hitch for this rig, as well.
The hood is another issue, looks like someone took  a pipe and beat the stuffing out of it - serious edge dings and top is jumped on as well.
Darn thing RUNS pretty well, though. I think that a little love on the Marvel-SChebler carb will set that right. It's a project.

Kate (too darn old to be wrenching on old stuff)

• KennyP said thank you

#36 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 04:47 PM

Greg, would you mind sharing what tire and rim size(s) you have on your G-10 Jacomben?

My hubby just brought one home, pretty much all original. Old style spilt-rim duals on the rear end (8 lug Dana 60 rear end) and an ag-type 4 hole straight rim on front. Two of the four tires for rear are wasted, by previous owner forcing it through a gate that was not as wide as the tractor :(

We would like to find a three-point hitch for this rig, as well.
The hood is another issue, looks like someone took  a pipe and beat the stuffing out of it - serious edge dings and top is jumped on as well.
Darn thing RUNS pretty well, though. I think that a little love on the Marvel-SChebler carb will set that right. It's a project.

Kate (too darn old to be wrenching on old stuff)

:wave: Welcome to the forum! I hope you folks can show us some pics, help for that is in my signature below. Not much info on these G-10's, so any you can add will be a big help!

• c50ge said thank you

#37 AdAblurr ONLINE  

AdAblurr
  • Member No: 70613
  • 4 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 17, 2015 - 11:56 PM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! I hope you folks can show us some pics, help for that is in my signature below. Not much info on these G-10's, so any you can add will be a big help!

Well, not many pics of it yet - pretty ugly :) WE shall see if I can work the attaching dealiebobber.

I DID find a link someplace (maybe even here!) to the factory operation and parts manual as a pdf. Neato :) very helpful to me, hopefully also to others here!
Sure hope to have a little input form other people, these seem to be a fairly scarce tractor.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2470.JPG

Attached Files

Edited by AdAblurr, May 18, 2015 - 12:00 AM.

• olcowhand, MH81 and KennyP have said thanks

#38 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 05:07 AM

Glad you got the 'attaching dealiebobber' to work! Those are a bit scarce. & we do have that manual here.

• MH81 said thank you

#39 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,290 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 06:53 AM

Awesome piece.
When you get your ducks in a row and all the dealiebobbers figured out,
Be sure to start a new thread. It will get more activity and traffic than on the end of an older thread.

#40 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,494 Thanks
  • 3,380 posts

Posted May 18, 2015 - 07:14 AM

A guy here has one and drives it like a car, I clocked him at 42 one day. I thought he'd been messing with the gears, I had no idea their road gear was that high! Now I want one.

• Cvans said thank you