4 replies to this topic

#1 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 03:07 PM

On your other thread you mentioned trouble getting used to the speed of your blade, im guessing rear blade? I have put about 100 hours on my Ford and am just getting to the point where I think I have the hang of it. I'm hoping since both of our tractors are Japanese they will be simular?

Mine has a control that speeds up and slows down the speed of the lift. Hope yours is simular. The knob behind the PTO shifter can be turned to slow the lift and I found by slowing it I had better control of the blade depth. It has a rabbit clockwise and turtle counter clockwise. I may speed it up as I get more used to it but have it set slow now.

On mine if the lever is set right off the hump in the fender it just skims over the gravel( like you see in the picture. See that knob sitting all cat e wampus, it is siezed and should be set to control the depth(depth stop) . I need to get it fixed.

I have 1/4 mile of gravel lane shared by me and on neighbor (private maintainence Dead End) neither of us wants to buy a lot of gravel.

EDIT: I said I had a100 hrs on the tractor, That's wrong! I hsve put 62 hrs on it since I got it in September.

hydralicspeedcontrol_zps5f8b1f82.jpg

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 22, 2013 - 04:38 PM.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 05:52 PM

Do those tractors have a position control 3pt hitch or just a straight up/down control. I know that on my 2320 with position control you have a stop you can set for the down position and moving the lever slowly will give you a gradual lift or fall. I can also limit the top speed of the downward movement with a control similar to what you have so you don't drop heavy implements with a crash!

#3 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 10:09 AM

Brian on mine there is no position control, just up down.

#4 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 2,712 Thanks
  • 1,721 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 07:18 PM

My Kubota L2000 has a position control like that, it's handy for when i use my 3-pt backhoe, i can lift and lower real slow.

It also makes it easier to get the box blade where you want it.

#5 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 23, 2013 - 07:52 PM

I fixed that cat-e-wampus depth stop knob this afternoon and it makes a big difference. I set the blade 1/4 inch above ground level and graded the lane . Ground is partly frozen but it skimmed off the pushout from tire ruts very well.  Lane should be in better shape if we get that snow Sunday night and Monday. Temps are supose to be around freezing so it could be snow,freezing rain, or just rain?

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 23, 2013 - 07:53 PM.