• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 06:59 PM

Two weeks ago, we in CT got hit with a pretty good snow storm. I got 24"+ and some areas got up to 36". Many of the cities were clogged with snow for a week. We now have 6" of snow and ice on the lawn and in the woods. The roads have good sized walls of snow and ice along their sides.

Tomorrow night we are supposed to get another storm. The weather guessers say it will be a bunch of rain or snow. I'm not doing much to prepare for it because everthing is still prepared for the last storm.

Good Luck to everyone. Rick 

• chris m said thank you

#2 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 07:11 PM

My back is shot, can't take more of this.

• chris m and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,722 Thanks
  • 8,904 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 07:28 PM

My back is shot, can't take more of this.

Fill the tractor with gas, it's supposed to move on its own. No need to push it.

• KennyP said thank you

#4 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 07:57 PM

^ You see, they need to run in order for me to do that. ;) I pulled something bad, cant lift my legs to get into my truck. Perfect timing too.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,436 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 08:25 PM

^ You see, they need to run in order for me to do that. ;) I pulled something bad, cant lift my legs to get into my truck. Perfect timing too.

That doesn't sound good! Hope the back gets better soon!

#6 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• Member No: 4250
  • 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 08:58 PM

After 28" from the last storm, I think this one should be easy to take. The best part is it's on the weekend. Oh well-this is New England.
  • Moosetales and boyscout862 have said thanks

#7 HydroHarold OFFLINE  

HydroHarold
  • Member No: 9622
  • 702 Thanks
  • 977 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 11:28 PM

HEY!  Doesn't anyone remember that it used to snow like this 2-3 times a week here in the NE winters?  Man, a few years of Global Warming and everybody turns wussy!:D

• pharmer, boyscout862 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#8 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,702 Thanks
  • 8,557 posts

Posted February 21, 2013 - 11:33 PM

I hope you all do well with this latest round.  At least you all are getting some seat time.  :thumbs:  Titus I hope your back gets to feeling better.  Having back pain is no fun.

#9 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 07:10 AM

My wife hurt her back 30+ years ago. She hasn't been able to work since. I hurt mine 7 years ago. I found that my recliner, aspirin, and hot bathes helped alot. I still have to sleep in my recliner many nights. Do whatever you can to make it better. Some Chiropractors are very good but some are bad news. Good Luck,Rick

• Titus said thank you

#10 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 07:19 AM

HEY!  Doesn't anyone remember that it used to snow like this 2-3 times a week here in the NE winters?  Man, a few years of Global Warming and everybody turns wussy!:D

Yeah....I remember it was always snowing during the winter. About 3 years ago was the closest thing to what it was like during the 60's and 70's. I don't mind it now as long as it comes on the weekend.

#11 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,247 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 08:49 AM

My wife hurt her back 30+ years ago. She hasn't been able to work since. I hurt mine 7 years ago. I found that my recliner, aspirin, and hot bathes helped alot. I still have to sleep in my recliner many nights. Do whatever you can to make it better. Some Chiropractors are very good but some are bad news. Good Luck,Rick

Thank you. The 20+lbs I put on since I met Amber aren't helping either. Damn it she's one hell of a cook, but I need to know when to say when.

I've always had some sort of lower back pain since I was a child. I'm 6'5 and have been this tall since Jr.High. Bending over to work on engines, etc all these years I think is finally taking it's toll.

Thankfully my bosses care about me and we have a working lift to work on the golf cars so I'm not on the ground or bent over.

I need to get a recliner, a better bed too. I now have health insurance, not very good, but better than nothing, so I may go see a doc.

I'm feeling better today. I have my brace on, Asprin in my system and the heat on high. I was able to get into my truck without any problems this morning and I am able to sit down without any sudden jerks in my back.

So I'm back in the right direction :)

• KennyP, HowardsMF155, chris m and 1 other said thanks

#12 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 9,769 Thanks
  • 7,536 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 09:13 AM

Big Lots Stores have a sale on a large recliner for $300. I bought one last November. Its pretty good but I doubt that It will last the 10 years of the old one. Have you tried hanging from a chin up bar. I find that helps some days. We all need to learn to protect our backs.

Good Luck, Rick

When looking at recliners avoid the lever controlled mechanism. They require too much bending.

Edited by boyscout862, February 22, 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#13 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,436 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 09:19 AM

Sometimes with lower back pain, I have found drinking lots of water helps. It really isn't the back, but the kidneys. After a good flushing, things ease up and I'm back to normal! I just don't drink enough water at times.

#14 JD DANNELS OFFLINE  

JD DANNELS

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yes it's coming your way guys. Just stopped here in the last hour.  This is the 3rd big one we have got since Dec. 20. But overall it's been the easiest one I have done. Real fine snow weatherman said it did not get the verticle cyclical lift that makes big flakes and bulky snow. We got about 6 "vbut it rolled off the blade very nicely. Wind came out of the east so I got none of the drifting i normally get with our predominent North winds.  I80 is closed 10 miles west of me due to semi's all tangled up but I had scheduled vacation for today and did not go in. It was still snowing when I shot this so its not too clear, the sun is out now.

Blizzard2-21amp22-13_zps7c0b93fb.jpg

Edited by JD DANNELS, February 22, 2013 - 11:37 AM.

• pharmer and boyscout862 have said thanks

#15 pharmer OFFLINE  

pharmer

• 686 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted February 22, 2013 - 06:34 PM

Maybe this weather reporting could become a regular feature with pictures and predictions and commentary and so on. Hey if we're wrong we are no worse than the highly paid pros. Thanks for the photos JD.